• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT}
    The bay mare has been spending every waking moment since her son's birth, trying to keep up.  Every day she feels that she is failing but it was by her own doing.  She had went to the mountain and requested(ok ok demanded) they give her Taiga.  Not knowing the fairies would take the extreme measures of punishing her reach, by poisoning a child.  The moment Zain was born, she knew what the fairies had done.  She watched as everything he touched withered away to dust.  Even the mightiest of trees could not escape the poison that leaked from his pores.

Today was much the same as any other.  He would run off and she'd find him by following a trail of destruction.  It was one she knew very well.  One she too had left in Tephra many many years ago.  It had been when she met Warrick for the first time.  And it had been the last time she had seen her brother.  How she envied his dark purple hue and gift of flight.  Such a simple and glorious gift.  

As she followed after her son, she allowed her powers to spread and reverse the destruction he caused.  Her voice called to him sternly, Zain! Get back here.  You're making a mess of things again. A snort fluttered from her ebony nares as her muzzle lowered to resurrect a lavender flower.  Sienna eyes gazed upon the flora happily, when suddenly a clatter came from across the land.  A calling of urgency.  Ears swiveled atop her crown in the calls general direction.  Concern wrinkled her delicate features and with a turn off her head she demanded her son's presence.  The boy knew when to tread lightly and he too heard the noise.  Soon he was at her side, rambling off questions she ignored for the most part.  A simple, I don't know Zain sufficed.

With a two-beat pace, they arrive.  Finding other familiar faces gathering around a bunch of non-familiar ones.  A winged stallion with decorative armor begins to speak to them.  Word of changes and possible dangers.  He fails to give his name but something within her strikes as familiar, but it couldn't be.  Her brother had been a deep dark purple.  That she remembered that is.  Soon others speak from around her but all she can feel is puzzled.  A pair of unique equines go first.  She has yet to meet these two but their position is one of disbelief.  The bay mare holds no judgement fore she does not know anything beyond Tephra borders as of late.  Sienna eyes turn to an emerald tipped lady, that for lack of better words is pissed off.  From what she hears it is understandable.  Her once kingdom has been stripped from her.  She notes the varies young ones gathered and assumes they are theirs.  The brown stallion beside her has the most intruiging of all the information...Klaudius. Slack-jawed, she looks upon him.  The others begin storming off in various directions but she lingers.  Stepping forward, towards Warrick and the lavender stallion. "Klaudius? It's me! Kolera..." Would he even remember his bay sister?

She waits for some form of acknowledgement before turning to Warrick, "It seems we have much to discuss as a kingdom.  I am sorry to hear they have lost their kingdom but we should take precautions to not fall to the same fate.  This evil in Sylva could reach us in no time.  I have little to offer as far as strength or powers but I have a way with words... If you should need them Warrick." She turns to view the mottled bay at her side.  He was too young to serve them now, but perhaps with discipline, one day he could. Finished, she nods to their overseer and allows any others to voice their concerns.
    Kolera
    Earth to Earth, Ashes to Ashes, Dust to Dust.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I Was Lightning Before the Thunder {KINGDOM ANNOUNCEMENT} - by Kolera - 04-16-2018, 09:17 PM