• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem
    Everything has happened so quickly: my gift to Arthas, his request of me, this journey to Sylva. A myriad of thoughts spin through my head as I wait in the deepening dusk, the echoes of my beckoning call bouncing from tree to tree until it fades entirely.

A shiver runs down my navy spine, and I spin about at the sudden crackle of leaves underfoot.

There, in the shadows. A face. I might have missed him entirely were it not for the bright red orb atop his muzzle. The surprise in my expression shifts to one of curiosity - has he been stung? I'd gone looking for honey once, and the bees had been rather unhappy about it. My stings had been much smaller though, little dots around my face and neck. I do not have a chance to ask though; the stranger has introduced himself as Mortem.

He goes from grinning to straight faced in an instant, and the rapid alteration of emotion is somewhat unsettling. Still, he has introduced himself, and I was raised as royalty and I know the proper response. I dip my head - not too low, he is a king but I am was a a queen - and nod.

"Yes," I reply. "I'm Lepis. Arthas said you'd be expecting me."

Messages In This Thread
    hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem - by Lepis - 04-16-2018, 04:06 PM
    RE: hello to high and dry - Modicum Mortem - by Lepis - 04-18-2018, 09:33 AM