• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any
    Despite his excitement and anxiety, he really is tired. Mother is gone long enough that the sound of the crashing waves and the breeze in the trees has started to lull him to sleep, but he snaps wide awake when someone yells and the sound of scrabbling hooves in the sound is heard. For a moment everything is a confused jumble of brown and green, but he blinks a few times and it resolves into two colts, the one with wings like Grye’s is the one yelling, puffing up to his full height and looking threatening, and Grye is a little frightened. He shrinks back, digging into the sand with his talons to get purchase – and glances down at his own feet in confusion, because he hadn’t meant to shift from hooves to talons, but there they are on the end of his legs, long finger-like appendages tipped in nasty claws.

He crunches them up into a fist-shape, not remembering how to turn them back, just as the green colt shoves into the bay and tells him off, before turning to Grye with much gentler words. He introduces them as ‘Dario’ and ‘Drax’ – brothers. “I’m Grye,” he answers quietly, green eyes flicking back and forth between the two of them. “Um, my mom brought me here. I’m going to live here now, with my Grandpa, Brennen. She says it will be better for me than where she and Father live.” If anything, he has a tendency towards over-sharing in his quest for honesty. Perhaps it’s an overflow from his ability to detect lies, or perhaps it’s just something about his youth that he will grow out of. “She went to look for him, to tell him I’m here.” Father always approves of his forthrightness, but Mother has told him several times that he’d be better off learning to keep some things to himself.

While he awaits a response, he inspects them a little closer. They are the same age so he supposes they must be twins like his own parents, though unlike Dagny and Olivier who are night in day in size and coloring, these colts have a lot of shared qualities. Grye has been a little lonely so far as the only colt his age in Tephra, but he isn’t sure he would have wanted a twin either – his egg was cramped enough with just himself in it, thanks so much! Perhaps Mother will be right – maybe it will be better here; maybe he’ll even make friends.
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

Apparently this has sparked my muse for him, he insisted on being the first post I wrote tonight

Messages In This Thread
    tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-17-2018, 03:30 PM
    RE: tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-17-2018, 08:52 PM