• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any
    When Drax makes the announcement that Grye’s grandfather is their father, the smaller colt’s eyes go wide, and he stumbles a bit when shoved by his uncle’s wing, but is excited enough by the revelation that he finds himself uncurling his talon-fingers, splaying them to keep his balance while his own wings spread a little. That’s about all he can manage, because he is simply shocked, green eyes flicking from one colt to the other and back as he tries to absorb the information. Neither of his parents had said anything about any other family – simply talked about their father, and that there might be aunt and uncles. But Grye hadn’t expected any of his uncles to be his own age!

He smiles at them, but his smile slips to a frown when Drax asks why his parents don’t want him. “I…” he hesitates; he has no idea why Dagny and Olivier have insisted on sending him here, besides some vague explanation about Brennen being a better caregiver than they. He didn’t believe Father – though he did believe Mother. “I don’t know,” he admits, but is saved from trying to formulate any other response when Dario speaks again, and he gives the green twin a bright little smile in reward for his kinder words. He can feel the truth in Dario’s words of welcome and that warms him from the inside. He also knows it’s unlikely that Dagny will miss him if he wanders away, so he hesitantly steps forward to join the twins on the sand.

“Can you show me around?” he asks. But then also - “I’ve never had any friends my own age. I suppose uncles are even better than friends,” just brave enough now to offer that tiny little snippet of teasing, and hoping for a positive response.
    Grye
    Olivier x Dagny
    devin's∇designs

Messages In This Thread
    tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-17-2018, 03:30 PM
    RE: tell me no tales, spin me no webs; Any - by Grye - 04-21-2018, 11:03 PM