• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I woke up like this - Solace, Any
    Sabra had allowed them to guide her, yielding to their soft words and gentle in her delirium. It wasn't the first time Solace had pulled a woman from dangerous waters, but it was hopefully the last.  

Despite the activity along Hyaline's borders, Solace had kept a close eye on the opalescent woman as the days passed. As the other mare fought her fever she spent the nights close by, grazing and snatching naps under the stars. It appeared that Sabra was fighting her situation with every ounce of strength she had, and Solace tried to provide what little comfort she could. The illness had taken its toll from the former queen. There had been names mumbled now and then, and when the autumn nights had grown cold, and Sabras body had been shaken by the sickness' chill, Solace had been there to extend a cerulean wing over her thinning form. 

But it seems the worst is past; the fever has broken. Solace has left for her morning patrol when Sabra finds her feet, but her suspicion is correct - Hyaline's Caretaker is not far for long.

"Looking more alive than I've ever seen you before." The young queen quips with an elated grin on her face. She forgets that while they have spent an unusual amount of time together, Sabra probably doesn't remember any of it. She remembers herself shortly, halting outside the other mares personal space and giving a little dip of her head when their eyes meet. "I'm Solace, The Caretaker here." 

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up like this - Solace, Any - by Sabra - 04-18-2018, 08:28 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Solace, Any - by Solace - 04-19-2018, 01:59 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Solace, Any - by Sabra - 04-19-2018, 09:42 PM