• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Leilan/Arthas

Trekori

i'm freezing, it's not winter yet
    but my fingers and toes
    are shivering beneath these sheets
    and i feel so alone
    i don't want to die, i want to sleep

A woman comes up just as I'm finishing speaking, and though I lower my head to her respectfully, I don't pay her much mind otherwise. She's a groupie it would seem, not having much to add to the scene at hand besides the curves of her blue roan body, and the words she simpers to her supposed king. Ah, well, kings will have their groupies - I'm just proud to say that Brennen has Galilee, and that's all.

Arthas speaks then, reaffirming what the mare had murmured, that yes, he is king. I flick an ear at his the equines you listed no longer live here. "Seems convenient that the whole hierarchy would just disappear and make way for Your Highness," I counter dryly, propping up a brow. "Should we hear news of where these equines I have listed are, and what they are doing there, it shall surely reflect on how you've decided to answer me."

Though my words are scathing, I have to fight not to cringe or laugh at what my uncle spews out next. What a firecracker! My face remains impassive, though at some points, my mouth twitches. I cover it with a flick of my tail and a shudder of my ribs, as if annoyed by a fly. And really, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to call my uncle a pest.

When Leilan finally shuts his gob, I momentarily debate whether to deescalate, or to lean into the skid. Deciding to sort of do both, I chime in with: "Leilan has a point. From what I understand, your kingdom hasn't much of a backbone; why not come be a part of something great, with us? The Brotherhood is about loyalty, union. We could extend that to you, too."

But I know that I speak in vain, for a title such as king is one so very easy to become attached to, even if it is weightless. I take a step back, signalling our departure, and offer a final phrase. "However, I hope you find what it is you're looking for, here in Loess. We shall inform Brennen of the change in leadership. Until next we meet." Lowering my head very slightly, I take one more step back and turn, beginning the trek back home.

Just as we come out of hearing distance, guffaws echo around us as we mimic each other, and as our shoulders bump and our ribs shake with laughter, I decide that I really don't mind my uncle. No, not at all.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I'm breathing in the smoke of my mental illness's cigarette // Leilan/Arthas - by Trekori - 04-27-2018, 06:38 PM