• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I can't repair the damage done {Tähti}

Wolfbane

His threats fell on seemingly deaf ears. Wolfbane, forelegs spread apart and his great, white wings poised for flight, stared into the not-so-distant line of scrub along the watery banks and kept his fangs exposed. His ears were marble; unmoving and trained in the direction where Tahti hid. (”Am I scaring myself, hearing things?” The growing colt thought.)

The rapid succession of his quick, nervous breaths could be seen by the flutter of his proud, square chest. Every now and then, the Autumn sun would glance across it and send his ragged stripes into a flash of wild color. He knew, as all that lived here knew, open territory was a harboring ground for those who could not fit the mold of Kingdom life. Rapists, killers, thieves and magic were commonplace - all it took was a chance encounter; the wrong place, the wrong time.

It was easy to die out here.

Acting on instinct alone, Wolfbane drew the trump card of his gifts: Invisibility cloaked him head to toe (“And to think I complained about Mother’s teachings…” He was reminded, when the cloak of true camouflage snapped easily upon him.)

Where once there was a brilliant, gaudy creature, now there was simply … nothing.

The Tephran-born yearling breathed a soft sigh of relief and inched as silently as he could manage towards the now-silent bush.

@[Tähti]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can't repair the damage done {Tähti} - by Wolfbane - 04-24-2018, 07:06 PM