• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Was Lightning Before the Thunder[Kwartz]

Working tirelessly to secure Tephras borders was taking it's toll on the lavender stallion.  His constant presence in the azure skies was replacing his other duties.  Being a father.

As he crosses the skies once again, his eye catches a purplish blotch down below.  It saggers about, alone.  His brow furrows in concern.  With a shift in his wings, he falls from the height in the sky.  Limbs outstretched as he nears the earth and landing with a thud.  "Hey there kid... What's up?" The depth of his voice lightens to suggest something may be wrong and he was interested in hearing the boys problems.  

Side by side they amble on.  Feathers intermingling with one another.  The colt looked weary and it was his job to find out the issue and fix it, if at all possible.

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Kwartz]
    Kwartz

Stupid Tephra. It was hot here, and humid too. The painted youth missed his home under the trees, where the air was always cool. He missed the scent of perpetual autumn. He missed his mother. Tephra felt confining with its borders of saltwater, and while he could fly away if he wished, mother expected him to be here. He wanted to be findable. 

Krom and Karat were constant reminders of the day everything had gone wrong. Their mother hadn't left them, though, that was totally fair! Being around them just made him more mad. Mother's last admission haunted him, the knowledge that those two were really his half siblings. That he'd had a father all along, and she'd never said anything! With a pissed off squeal, he bucked, kicking into a scrubby tree. 

A shadow crossed over him, making the boy look up just in time to notice the pale purple form of his father land before him. Kwartz was not much shorter than Klaudius anymore. Almost two years old, he could look the older stallion in the eye. "I guess I'm more than one kind of blind, huh Klaudius? Or should I call you dad? Or father. You could have told me, you know." There was no accusation in his tone, just a flat indifference. He didn't know how else to react. Had his entire life been a lie up to now? It sure felt that way. Walking over the rocky terrain beside the man felt strange. All his life it had been just he and his mother. They had been fine and happy, for the most part. Everything was different now. 

When you tear it all apart, it's just DNA
    ©HTML by Tiny

@[Klaudius]

It was tragic really.  Everything that had transpired.  How it was affecting everyone.  He was trying to make the best of it and he only wanted the best for those involved, especially the kids.

Upon finding his son wandering about the island alone, he became concerned.  The twins hadn't taken it so hard but he could feel that slowly he was losing the winged colt.  Confirmation of that came when the boys words showed his frustration.  Saddness overcame the lavender stallion at the situation.  A confession soon left his pale lips, "I thought your mother would hate me for saying anything to you... I wanted to so badly, the day I first met you in Sylva... You remember that day." A slight grin grew upon his lips as memories took hold.  The young colt had been so proud to show him around his kingdom.  He continues, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you then, Kwartz.  You deserved to know..." His stride began to slow alongside his son as his thoughts began to turn.  He wanted so badly to make it up to the winged boy.  An idea comes to mind and he voices it, "What do ya say me and you go do something...? A father and son outing.  Anything you want.  Wouldn't that be fun?!" His tone is cheerful, maybe too much so for such a depressed child(yes child. He may be almost two but he's still his little boy).  Silver-hazel eyes scan over his sons face for a reaction.  Hoping for a positive one... 

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Kwartz] <3