• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Product Of Your Despair- [Castile]
    Arthas
    Summer has now ended and autumn was on them. The harsh heat that drove most to find cover was gone and the cool days were upon them. Soon enough winter would be here and the ground would be covered in a cold white blanket. The dapple stallion had spent plenty of time meeting with out Kingdoms, and out recruiting but today he was out to explore the Kingdom.

Ever since he announced his rule many of the equines that were here with Lepis fled. Although some remained, he could smell them lingering, but he had not yet seen them. He wanted to meet them, he had no problem with them staying in the kingdom, but he wanted to know who they were. He wanted to get a feel for these members, why are they still lingering? Are they loyal to Lepis, or looking for information to report to the other kingdoms.

His eyes scan the horizon as he trails through the open meadows, he looks for any movement. He occasionally flicks his gaze into the sky well to aware of those with wings. His gaze quickly shoots back to the meadow, in the distance his eyes catch a black and white equine. A whinny escapes his maw and his direction was diverted to them. He stops a few paces before the stallion Hello there he smelled of Loess and he had no doubt that this stallion was here when Lepis ruled. Glad to personally introduce myself, Arthas is the name. He looked for the opposing stallions gaze, would he continue to remain loyal to Loess, or look for a new kingdom to call home?

A Product Of Your Despair

@[Castile]
    With narrowed eyes, Castile skirted the congregation that beckoned all of Loess to its core. Even from a distance, he could hear the blaring announcement, and could even smell the change curling into his nostrils with the wind. Lepis has unknowingly resigned, an odd decision that she never mentioned to him during their time together. He was to prime her for the role while Ivar was away, but now Castile can’t halt the sense of failure.

It could be a release, he thought. For years, he bounced around without a great pull to any one place. Friendship lured him here, rooted his feet to the rocky outcroppings of Loess. He enjoyed helping, holding a rank that gave him a sense of responsibility, but it has since slipped away. Run away, he has told himself, and yet he stands alone with a contemplative gaze settled on the horizon.

An idle shuffle of his wings would make an outsider assume his decision, but still Castile doesn’t move. A plume of smoke coils from his nostrils, but it dissipates by the time Arthas finds him.

The announced whinny is the first indicator, then the hoofbeats across the dirt that sends pebbles skittering. A slow pivot brings them face-to-face, their eyes leveled on one another. ”Castile,” he immediately provides in response, his voice husky and deep. They are more evenly matched in size, their cresty necks magnifying their appearance from stragglers afar. ”So, Lepis chose you,” he says steadily. He had not wanted the throne; it has never appealed to him. ”Have you lived here long? I’ve never seen you before.” He had not attended the meeting that announced Lepis and the change in ranks. Even in his aimless wandering, Arthas never crossed his vision.

So, the question remains: who is he and why did Lepis choose a stranger?

Arthas
    Arthas gazes at the stallion before him, he stood taller than Arthas and his wings make him look even larger. After Arthas introduced himself the opposing stallion wasted no time to give a name Castile he announces. His voice was deep, the silence was short as Castile spoke again So, Lepis chose you. It was an unavoidable conversation. Arthas knew that there was equines who would protest his new rule, and some who would remain loyal to Loess. At the end it was the kingdom they were loyal to, the residents that reside, and at the bottom of the list the ruler. The stallion asks how long Arthas had lived here, as he had never seen him before.

A small grin grows on his maw, That is right, I know it was a sudden change, and I do not wish to cause a huge disrupt in the kingdom. His words were true, he was a reasonable man, with only one desire. I never asked to rule Loess he admits But only a fool would turn down the offer. His last words perhaps his own personal feelings. He always had the desire to rule a kingdom, ever since he lived in the Chambers with Killdare, the desire to have power amongst his peers was burning.

It is not about how long you have been around but what you do in your time. His gaze shifts to scan the horizon, the kingdom he now called his own, that he could offer up to those who did not fit in the 'peaceful' kingdoms. It was a sanctuary in itself for those who did not match there parents standards, who had a separate vision and yearned to be truest to themselves. It is true I was not here long before being given the rule, but I promise you that I only have good intentions for Loess. His gaze finds Castile's once more Will you be leaving or staying? He of course hoped that the stag would stay, but he would not force loyalty on one who did not seek it.

A Product Of Your Despair

@[Castile]