• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound
    T
    here are many things happening for them to worry over. The dramatic, rapid-fire shifts of leadership among kingdoms have shifted the underground plates of Beqanna’s political earth. Shifting plates normally lead to natural disasters — earthquakes and volcanic explosions and tsunamis — and, while this is all theoretical and symbolic, Wound finds herself waiting with bated breath for everything to explode.

She takes peace in knowing Amorette appears to be okay, at least physically. If her friend had been sick, Wound doesn’t find any signs of it now. She can only wonder why the hardworking mare had taken to corners of the world the rest were ignorant of. Those thoughts press on her mind as she looks over the dark plane of Amorette’s face.

The light breeze tugs on Wound’s silver-ombre mane as they stand in silence. The rhythm of the waves upon the shore and the haunting cry of a single seagull are the only songs sung between Wound’s words and whatever should follow, but the silver bay mare isn’t discontent. She is fine to stand with her heels slowly sinking into the sand while the warmth of the ocean tosses brine and seafoam against her skin.

Finally, there is a break in their silence. A tender smile finds Wound’s petite face. It’s a question asked among friends and the Head of Peace considers the dark mare just that — a friend. “Wishbone left in the summer for Nerine… I miss her with every bone in my body, but I know she’s having the time of her life there.” It could be a good thing, Nerine’s kingdom being so far away. If her daughter had only been in Ischia or even Loess it would be much more difficult for the silvery mare to stay away from visiting. “The fall season always gives me baby-fever,” she admits aloud. A piece of her wonders if Amorette feels the same way, and she fondly smiles again at the memory of standing on a shore similar to this one when her friend’s belly had been swollen with pregnancy.

“But I’ve been keeping busy to keep both missing Wishbone and wanting more children out of my mind.” Her coffee brown eyes turn away from the distant horizon and back to Amorette’s face. “I’ve missed you, Amorette. We all have.” At least the ones who knew her before she disappeared. There are so many new members to Tephra, it’s taking her quite some time to get around and greet them all.
    credit to nat of adoxography.

@[Amorette]

Messages In This Thread
    Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by Amorette - 04-22-2018, 03:14 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 04-25-2018, 06:28 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 05-20-2018, 10:44 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 05-25-2018, 07:19 PM
    RE: Quand on n'a que l'amour - Wound - by wound - 06-04-2018, 01:34 AM