• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Smoke and Mirrors || Come one, come all.
    (OOC: Mature because im sure this ass will find trouble at some point.)

~
    Twigs snap beneath cobalt keratin, layered leaves giving way to the cut edge. Peuter gaze slides from left to right, scanning the forest before the vantablack stallion. The moon cuts diagonal shards across the leaf laden forest floor, the light a harsh white in comparison to the deep ebony of the night. If one were to quickly glance in his direction they would look right over the mighty stag. However, if one were to stare into the shadows for a while they may see two shinning silver eyes staring back at them. 

Careful
    He thinks.
    I may be gone the next time you look.
    The twigs snap again and he is gone from his previous spot. Dark tresses drag the earth, gathering few leaves in their wake. Muscles twist and pull the powerful machine through the twisting paths of the deepest corners of the timberlands. The murgese does not stop until he reaches a circular outcropping just large enough for the giant male and another if they cared to join him in the late hours of the night. 

The stallion swings his head to survey the area, when twisted mind finds it satisfactory he relaxes. A mangled sigh escapes inky lips as he cocks a leg. The sharp curve of his ears flick to catch every noise around him. Squirrels flit too and fro fitfully, birds settle into their nests, equines travel far away, and all the way the dark stag stay dormant in the night. 

He does not sleep, and he does not move. He is a statue amongst the evergreens, their needles stirring restlessly at his feet as the breeze lifts ebony tangles away from his neck.

The man knows someone will come eventually, even if they do not mean to come across him they will find him.

And so he waits.
    This is my world, this is my way.
     Show me a sign, sweep me away.
    [Image: giant_raven_flying_by_furansu.gif]
    Taria

She was not new to beqanna, she was born in these lands. Raised in her fathers hers lands with her countless siblings. He was murdered, her mother was murdered, she had no need to stay in beqanna. She quickly left after her fathers death but she finds herself in the familiar lands. The kingdoms are all new and she resides in Loess, a rather silent kingdom.

Today she investigates the forest, her interest peaked during the night. What creatures lurked at night? She thought to herself, her roan pelt gave away her hiding when the moon set on her. She can hear the twigs breaking beneath anothers weight, but she cannot find them visually.

She lingers closer to the sound of breaking twigs, do her ears deceive her? She cannot find another, for a split moment she thought she found another but as soon as she blinked he was gone. This only peaks her interest, the open space got more and more narrow until...,She spotted him, her eyes and ears do not deceive her.

He was amongst the darkest shade of ebony, blending in perfectly with no moonlight. She stops and watches him for a few moments, but perhaps he was doing the same. He does not move, almost as if he was frozen in time. She shrugs, she knows little fear, looking for something? she mutters as she approaches him.

You're Not Gunna Break My Soul
    Eyes deceive not. He is there, solid as stone if she cared to come close enough to see. The woman stood a distance away but the stallion can see her none the less. Silver eyes study her momentarily before the flick away. Uninterested. The man was one of little tolerance and few words, but the woman stays none the less.

The roan speaks and he turns his head to face her fully. They are the same height, and a similar build. Muscles lock and the stag finds her amber gaze in the darkness.

"No."

The voice is gruff and deep as an ocean cave. 

"You are?"
    Her name is saught because his own was not. Satellites flick to catch a response if there is to be one. Powerful legs shift and he realizes she is closer, and unafraid. If he could manage one he might have smiled. This is no the case however, and the harsh line of his lips does not twitch.  

Perhaps they were the same, the two equines. He sensed a deep entwinement between these lands and the mare, a long and dark story that he wanted to hear. Maybe the night would bring forth some fun for him after all.
    @[Covalto]

Taria

He was a man of little words, though she didn't mind. In fact she preferred it over an equine mindlessly speaking. No is all he musters up in response. Surely he was not in the forest at the peak of night to stand like a statue and watch the wind blow. But before he could further interrogate he speaks again.

You are? the condensed version of asking for her name. How rude of me, I am Taria, and you are? She stands the same height as he, her gaze quickly looks for his. His eyes are silver like the moon, perhaps the easiest giveaway to his being in the dark.

The stallion did not carry a scent of a kingdom, fresh meat? She shifted her body, stepping closer in the process. She scans over the stallion, he had a heavier build,, but not matching that of a draft. His face remained the same throughout the conversation, unamused, like a stone. What was it this emotionless beast wanted?

Everything.
    He wanted god damn everything. Power, life, recognition, blood... Amber woman comes closer and indentifies herself. She calls herself Taria and inquires the ebony mass's own calling card. He blows a low sigh out of his nostrils in a huffling snort and dark lips crack to speak once more. 

"I am Covalto."

He steps forward as the name finds its grounding for the first time in this strange and beautiful place. It is a strong name. A one once powerful in a past life. Here it was smoke, peacefully disspating in the wind. He would habe to fight to make something of himself again. No problem there.

"My Taria, what is it you seek in these woods so late at night?"

Thick tendrils snap at muscled hocks, large poll heightens as his posture streightens. What if she gave him an answer he was not looking for? What if she were not here alone? The thought angers him. By God he didnt want to deal with more than one at a time.
    @[Covalto]

Taria

He snorts as if she was bothering him by asking of his name. She responds with a snort of her own, he wants to ask for her name but becomes annoyed when she asks for his? He introduces himself as Covalto, barely opening his mouth when reapdonding.

The ebony stallion shifts, and for a moment it falls silent as he falls into his own thoughts. The silence is broken when he speaks again What is it you seek? He asks her, was it not obvious? A grin grows on her maw I like to prowl at night, see what creatures are out lurking at the night. Today just so happens to be you. I am from a kingdom of the name Losss and ultimately I am here to recruit members for our kingdom. She pauses ensuring he is still paying attention Are you intersted in joining Loess? If not I will not further waste our time.  

She snorts, looking for his silver gaze once more. Most of the night lurkers were nomads, much harder to recruit. Occasionally though you can find an equine that was desperatly wanting to be rescued from there life of solitare. Ready to devote themself to a kingdom. Would this stag be just another nomad or ready to prove himself worthy?

Ah, so she too was a hunter of the night? Covalto smiles, but there is no warmth in the gesture. Taria asks wether or not he would join her on her journey home, and the stallion cant help but let a throaty chuckle bubble from beneath his chest.

"Tell me Night Maiden, what is this Loess like?"

Words sink into the damp earth and he wonders amongst them quietly. How would he fair in a place where his goals were not common or sought after. He was a man of loyalty and he would not pledge as such to a cause he didn't believe in. 

"What goals does she have?"
    Silver eyes flash white as the moon shifts, the ambers behind them glowing carnivorously. My my... how pretty she was.... how easy it could be to, he stops. Lips part and a tongue wets the dry expanse before they are sealed once more. Ears twist and bodice shifts to allow him room to stand to his full height before relaxing once more. 

"You have caught my interests fair one. Perhaps we could be friends."
    Taria
    So he is capable of emotion, the stag who enjoyed appearing like a statue was capable of a smile and a laugh! The change in his demeanor cause a small smile of her own to grow on her maw.

What is this Loess like? he asks and though she was new to the kingdom Arthas was a dedicated leader and she knew that the quiet kingdom would soon flourish with dedicated residents. All equally wanting to be apart of a loyal group, a feared kingdom. Well right now it is pretty few in numbers, but together we are working to fix that. She pauses for a moment, trying to figure out the perfect way to describe the feeling she gets when in Loess. It is based off of loyalty, not only to Loess but to each other. There is no room for goodie goodies, and we are paired up with Sylva together we like to wreak havoc.

She prepared to continue rambling on about Loess but she was distracted when he speaks again. Perhaps we could be friends He notes and she cocks her head slightly. It has been a long time since she has had a friend, since she was a foal in her fathers herd. Of course all her friends were her siblings, but she did not notice a difference. But once her father was murdered and she left the herd she has lived a life of solitude. Friendship seemed weird to her, but she would have to get used to it now living in Loess again. I can only be friends with Loess members She teases, icing on the cake to return with her.

@[Covalto]
    No room for goody goodies
    Oh, if only she knew. The moon passes over them and the silver of the stallions eyes glint hysterically. 
    "I think you will find I am anything but good."
    Rasping whispers leave his throat as he eyes the woman. Tendrils uncurl from around thick haunches as the lumbering male steps impossibly closer, large head tilting to glance down at Taria.
    "Take me to this Loess. I might pledge loyalty to your home if I find it... suits me."
    And then he is silent once more, the words dispelled for the time being. If she wished to hear the voice again (it was just simply intoxicating to some) she would take him to this loess. He was so in love with adventure, especially when pretty ladies were involved.
    ((Perhaps we could throw up a thread in Loess?))