• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any

Gold has never looked so good on him.

The metallic shimmer of his mane and tail catches the warm golden sunlight of the autumn sun so easily - his reddish brown and black body melts perfectly between the yellowing autumn grass, the orange leaves that fall, the yellow ones that are still stuck to the trees. He fits in, he looks like autumn - his favourite season.

Yet on the other side, opposites attract.

Quite literally, because there is an opposite to him nearby. As he trots the meadow's grass and late-blooming flowers, he spies the molten silver mare easily and he is instantly drawn in by her looks - until he's close enough to see the hollowness in her eyes, the electric sparks that hold him back, and everyone else - he almost draws up his own elemental aura, but unless it was really made of ice, it would not help against the lightning, and the bold stallion suddenly is cautious.

Not cautious enough to work in a bit of humour, though. She looks like she needs it. "Ma'am, can I just say you are one shocking appearance." It's a compliment in his way, but he's not sure she'll take it as that. He lowers his head a little to look at her from the black curtain of his forelock, eyes trying to get a hold of her empty gaze. What could have happened, he doesn't know. He's suddenly certain he doesn't want to know, either.

@[Cordis]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: she learned a lesson back there in the flames; any - by Leilan - 04-26-2018, 02:46 AM