• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but I have promises to keep [Scorch, Hestia, Any]

WATCH THE FLAMES CLIMB HIGH INTO THE NIGHT

Nearly a year passed with little resurfacing of the spotted vagabond, to Scorch's sadness. She'd enjoyed the conversation the two shared back then - enjoyed the way that Breckin hadn't been afraid to ask the tough questions, and then some. Everyone always took care to avoid the topics they thought might be painful, as if a mare as mutilated as Scorch couldn't handle a little roughing up - but not Breckin. The two had struck up an easy friendship, and indeed, Scorch could easily visualize the beautiful woman among Nerine's stalwart ranks.

Perhaps it was a coincidence that Scorch happened to be travelling along the coast towards the ritualistic meeting grounds, but it was more than likely that a faintly familiar scent had goaded her along this way without her knowing it. At any rate, as the sea lapped around Scorch's large hooves, the far, far off sight of a figure standing alone on the beach caught her attention thanks to her keen dragon eyes. Though Breckin could not hope to see Scorch from this distance, a grin split across the advisor's face, and she pushed into a canter to close the distance between them as quickly as she could.

"Breckin!" Her brusque voice burst over top of the din of the rolling waves, full of mirth. Though some might associate Scorch with anger and sarcasm, those who knew her best knew this side of her, too. The shallows splashed gaily around her hooves as she pulled up just short of the spotted mare, her eyes a dazzling blue-violet as she reached out between what little distance was left to affectionately exchange air with the appaloosa. "I'm so glad you've returned, friend."

Stepping back, the rat-mare settled into a hip, eyes bouncing eagerly over the mare to check for any strange, new features. Before she could help herself, her voice came bursting out again, excited and keen. "So, how were your travels? Did you get to know the faeries a little better? Tell me everything."

Scorch

Once Khaleesi of the Amazon Jungle

@[Breckin] Scorch is... excited. Can you tell?
    [Image: scorch2.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but I have promises to keep [Scorch, Hestia, Any] - by Scorch - 04-24-2018, 10:10 PM