• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

there's no remedy for memory; wound

I'm lying in the ocean, singing your song
    your face is like a melody, it won't leave my head.

Erinys searches the other mare’s eyes, waiting to confirm she was not wrong on her instinct. She would have felt quite embarrassed if she had been wrong. It’s not likely of her to feel a bit of confidence and her voice to approach another (someone would possibly could be a stranger) and be direct.

Thankfully, her instinct had been correct. The other mare’s eyes light up, and she cannot help but smile as well. The feeling of her heart beating in her stomach fades, and she feels a lot less nervous than before now. She is not only happy that her gut feeling had been correct, but also to see that the silver mare had also recognized her.

“Oh, good,” she says with a soft relief when she answers her question. It was a sigh of relief, though something she did plan on exposing out loud like she had done now. Erinys pushes it aside though and allows her amber eyes to relax onto the mare.

Wound, she thinks. She knows the name now—it had slipped her mind, but never did she forget a face no matter how young. They had only met once, but back then those days had just been the beginning for the now-grown mare before her. “Yes, it has been a very long time ago,” she admits herself, but she is glad to find Wound remembers her a bit after all these years.

“It’s good to see an old face, Wound.” Erinys cannot remember the last time she had felt happy to see someone. Perhaps it had been meeting Hephaestus—she had found his company more pleasant than she had imagine. But maybe that is what it felt like to finally make a friend out of a stranger. Were they friends? She isn’t sure. She doesn’t really know what having a friend is like after being alone most of her life.

Erinys gives her a soft smile back when asking about how she has been. “Well, there isn’t much to say,” she confesses. It feels strange to easily open up to another, even though they were not practically strangers, she still did not know Wound very well. “I’ve been doing much better than I have before recently. I still come and go from here for time to time, but seem to find myself more settling back into staying in Beqanna.”

It was a change for sure, never did Erinys imagine she would return to Beqanna. There had been too many memories left here—the beginning of her life had sometimes held her back from becoming more. And the idea of starting anew outside of this world seemed more welcoming than anything. But here she is again, back into the lands that she was given birth in.

“What about you? How are things with you?”

Erinys
    pazuzu x ripley
    html © shelbi | character info: here | character reference: here

@[wound]

Messages In This Thread
    there's no remedy for memory; wound - by Erinys - 04-23-2018, 07:41 PM
    RE: there's no remedy for memory; wound - by Erinys - 05-21-2018, 02:02 PM