• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Save Me From Myself || Kagerus

kagerus
    as dreams are to the sleeper, so am I to you
    He steps away from me, up the bank of the river as if my approach can somehow be construed as threatening. My brow furrows to see this, but I do not stop; I recognize the fact that he is in control of how I am perceiving him, and this grace I've allowed him is enough without me also stopping a river's-distance away.

But his ears - they flick forward, and I do not miss that, either.

As the very ends of my whiskers come against the black shadow of where his nose ought to be, the stallion pulls back; so very unassuming, shy, quiet. A part of me longs desperately for such a collected and internal soul to come home with me, even though there must be some reason for his cloaked appearance and unwillingness to be touched. But as I remember Ilma after she'd been raped, I somehow feel that Hyaline must be filled with men who would protect us from their lesser members.

But I am not here to talk about rape right now.

I have much to grieve, Kagerus.
    "I can make it better, for a few hours," comes my voice, honeyed and genuine. "It's not a permanent solution but - I want to help. And in return, you can visit me in Hyaline... In the real world, and not... here." Around us, the water in the river turns into a bed of vibrant wild flowers, as if the dreamscape is intent on emphasizing its input in this exchange. Hopeful, I listen for Hephaestus' answer.

@[Hephaestus]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-17-2018, 04:25 PM