• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Save Me From Myself || Kagerus
    Hephaestus
    The strange mare persisted, her aura radiated as one of gentleness and peace despite his own shortcomings. Still strategically angled he watched as her eyes traced along the shadowed remnants of his face, a temporary mask to hide his shame. With her eyes fixed elsewhere he took his opportunity to make a study of them. Deep within their soft brown flaming embers of a past almost forgotten simmered. Hypnotized by things beyond his understanding he tore himself away, afraid of getting lost within a reality too complicated for him to fully comprehend.

Her voice touches him, gentle fingertips as they reach into his mind with an offer outstretched. She wanted to help him, he knew, but he considered himself far beyond her capabilities. In return for her favor she wished for him to return with her to Hyaline. His thoughts instantly turn to Solace, he held great respect for the winged queen and he thought upon their previous encounter fondly. For some time, he considered Hyaline to be the only kingdom to which he could fully belong. Perhaps he could…

Suddenly, the world around them shifted once more as the water transformed from its previous white capped rapids to a lovely bed of wild flowers. The place was eerily familiar to Hephaestus as he wandered a few steps away from Kagerus. The meadow, the trees that dotted the landscape and the way that the sun shone through berry bushes.

He was home.

The hill before him jutted out from the earth almost as though it had been molded to do so. Strangely out of place amongst the otherwise flattened landscape, within it’s shadow lay a beautiful black mare. His mother.

Pain rippled through her belly as a contraction tightened its hold upon her. Breathing heavily, her eyes closed against the strain, concentrated lines formed upon her brow. Intent, Hephaestus inched closer knowing all too well the events that were about to transpire. With one final heave, the mare named Theodosia pushed a small gangly creature out into the world. A smile lit up her face as her eyes shot open in anticipation. Frozen a lump gathered in his throat as he watched the joyous expression fade quickly to shock and horror. Partially concealed by the grass, Hephaestus didn’t have to strain to know the vision that she saw.

Ugly and deformed her newborn writhed as he tried to stand. Only moment old his beautiful brown eyes stared up at her, full of love, longing and trust. Shifting slightly a new figure materialized beside Theodosia. Disgust immediately marred his features. His words were garbled and yet Hephaestus remembered them as if he had only just heard them for the first time. “What is that…thing?” he had demanded hatefully. His mother hadn’t even attempted to rise up in his defense.

Backing away suddenly Hephaestus shook his head, the reality of what would come next almost too painful for him to bare. “No,” He begged, his voice cracking with emotion. “Please, no!”

Watching in horror, he stood powerless as the father attacked his son. Tearing into the helpless foal the newborns screams filled his ears. Trembling, Hephaestus fell to his knees. Sobs wracking his body as he was forced to relieve the darkest moment of his past.
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Kagerus] that was exhausting and took a turn that I did not expect. I hope you don't mind the wordsplosion that just happened.

Messages In This Thread
    Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 04-24-2018, 10:49 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 11:27 AM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-15-2018, 03:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Hephaestus - 05-15-2018, 08:41 PM
    RE: Save Me From Myself || Kagerus - by Kagerus - 05-17-2018, 04:25 PM