• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Birthday trait question
    I feel lame to ask because I don't think I've ever really cashed in a birthday trait hahaha
    I know that for a traited horse the options are wings, unicorn horn, or immortality. Would I possibly be able to trade in traits for a birthday one?
    So, for my upcoming baby, she has fire aura, wings, and immortality. Would I be able trade in her wings and/or immortality for a 1 or 2 space birthday trait? Or no?

Thank you! Big Grin
    I am also curious about this!
    My birthday is coming up (june) and I was thinking about asking to upgrade either Solace or Clegane from 'Light beam emission" to "Photokenesis" as my birthday trait cash in. I would also be willing to give up Clegane's immortality.

I'm not sure if this is even a possibility, but it kinda falls under the same category as Aeris' question.
    Starsonder . Locheed . Oberyn
    Solace . Levi . Firen . Clegane . Warlight
    we're in the process of altering and moderately expanding birthday traits. the rules will be updated soon to reflect that: a horse needs to be traitless (ie have no more than 0 space traits) in order to get anything more than wings (any type), a horn (any type), OR any 0 space trait OR a color change.

if the character is traitless other than a one space trait, they can "upgrade" to a 2 spaced trait somewhat related to their current one (which is essentially the same as trading in their 1 space trait for a 2 space) or trade their trait in for any 2 space trait

so Aeris, if you wanted your character to get a birthday trait other than those listed above, you'd need to trade in her wings and fire aura (since the immortality is 0 space and doesn't count) and then add the 2 space birthday trait.

Lavender, since light beam emission is a 2 space and photokinesis a 3, it's beyond the trade in limit. You could, however, trade in the current light beam emission for an alternate 2 space trait.
    Thank you for the clarification!
    I just have one more question. Is trading in a 2 space trait for another 2 space trait something we can do anytime (with permission) or is this considered "cashing in" our birthday trait?
    Starsonder . Locheed . Oberyn
    Solace . Levi . Firen . Clegane . Warlight
    It's considering cashing in the birthday trait. However, you're welcome to PM us at any time if you have a plot/valid reasoning for switching Smile