• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

kagerus
    and in my dreams, I kissed your lips a thousand times
    Although Briseis seems slightly out of her comfort zone, she does well with all the attention and questions. What for her must seem a lifetime's worth of dialogue, is to us but a casual conversation - and yet she obliges us with an ease that I admire of her wanderer's soul. I can't help but enjoy the mare, and the way she is oblivious to Svedka's charm. Internally, my thoughts poke and prod the stallion playfully because of this fact, but on the outside, I remain collected.

"Beqanna is very different from the outlands. That is undeniable." I offer this as her dark eyes go over the colour of Sved's mane, and the horn atop my skull. "Hyaline is perhaps the safest place to be right now, with the powers that are arising from the Beqanna-given magiks." This little piece might need a bit of explanation, but instead of entertaining her with the sound of my voice, I perk my ears to catch what she has to say about residency.

"You will keep Svedka company then," I say with a smile. "Residents are as useful to Hyaline as any ranked member." My eyes go to the Heart, glowing warmly. But before I can continue, Briseis catches sight of the white mare I'd signaled no to; and my stomach clenches. I open my mouth to speak, but Svedka is already reacting, guided by baser instincts as he rears and whinnies for the white lady. Gulping, I step forward, and soothe the stallion with a press of my nose to his shoulder.

"Be gentle with her, Sved, okay?" It's a murmur, but Briseis will surely hear it. Retreating, I look from one to the other. "It was a pleasure to introduce you both, and I hope you will enjoy residing in Hyaline, Briseis. There are many here who would love to get to know you, but by all means, go at your own pace." I smile, still shaken by the attention that had shifted so aggressively to Ilma. "I must be off now however. Queen Solace is with child, and I don't like to be away from her long while she's in such a state."

Bowing my head and smiling to each in turn one final time, I step out of the circle, and make my way down the hillside.

@[Briseis] welcome to Hyaline! There's a kingdom meeting you could pop into if you so desired - otherwise, have fun, make friends, the world is your oyster <3
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver