• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    The oncoming sunset holds much promise I decide as I gaze upon it serenely. I'm near the border of Hyaline, having come fresh from the river, the smell of dreams on my coat (though I sport no additions to myself this day). A minute passes as I stare at the clouds that are just beginning to turn golden, wishing for the colours to burst forth immediately - but if we could have beauty at our fingertips, our hands would reach elsewhere, wouldn't they?

The breeze causes the flower I have dangling carefully between my lips, and this movement reminds me of what my purpose is here and now - it's not sunset watching, though I wish it could be. Tearing my nutmeg eyes away from the gorgeous sky, I head inland, following the curves of Hyaline's surface with a well practiced ease. I scan the area for any sign of the man I seek, hoping that the flower I hold won't wilt before I get to him.

As I reach the top of a particular hill, my eyes catch on a black figure - not Svedka, but someone else of equal interest. A smile splits my lips and I have to fumble to keep the flower in my mouth, but as I regain my composure, I canter down my hill and then back up the one that Briseis has momentarily claimed as her own.

Just as I'm coming up the crest, I notice that someone has beat me to the chase - the exact someone I'd been seeking! Whinnying (though it sounds quite ridiculous around the obstruction), I trot to close the distance between us. I toss my head eagerly, shaking the little orange bulb as if to say look! When the stallion has seen it, I step forward and nestle it into his mane, lower than the cornflower that I'd brought him a few days prior. "For the apple this morning," I explain, eyeing him pointedly; though there'd been no trace of him this morning when I awoke, there was no other explanation for the golden apple resting picture-perfect at my hooves. "It's a panther lily," I finish, hoping that he'll like it.

"But there is a prettier flower still among us today," I gush, and then immediately cringe - that is probably the cheesiest thing I've ever said. I blame Svedka's presence. He's far too cheery for people like me, it's character-ruining! The cringe seems to relay this dead-inside-for-being-corny emotion well enough, so I move on. Stepping forward, I pivot to stand next to the black mustang, smiling from her to the Heart of Hyaline. "Svedka, this is Briseis. I met her in the field earlier this week."

Introductions aside, I focus my attention on the pretty, if plain, little mare. "How were your travels? I hope the peaks of Hyaline were not too elusive for you."
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Kagerus - 04-27-2018, 06:02 PM