• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    A wonderful mood... Were I to know that that's how Svedka labels me now, as I stand smiling and spewing corny nonsense, I'd probably take my flowers back and go off in a self-righteous huff! I am still the dark, mysterious woman who half seduced, half confused the poor man - or at least, that's what I tell myself. I've been hearing less and less of that little voice in my head that calls me a worthless whore, and I would even go so far as to say that I've been... happy. With Solace, I am happy - and more often than not, her side is where you can find me.

Such foolish, idle thoughts are banished from my mind as my eyes happen across her. It's as Briseis is greeting Svedka and complimenting his flower that the white gleam of her pelt catches my gaze from my new position - and writ on her face clearly to see are emotions that, though I cannot wholly predict, give me a sick feeling to my stomach. My face loses its happy expression, and as our eyes meet, I shake my head. There's nothing going on between me and Svedka.

I blink back up to that same stallion as he is using my line to be a trampoline for one of his own, and smile with a bit of a forced laugh - only a bit, not enough to draw attention to myself, nor hopefully to Ilma. I was the one who peeled her out of the lake and into safety; I am in no position to force any attention upon the woman that she doesn't choose to present herself to. As I'm thinking this, I realize just how strong Svedka smells of maleness; no wonder she stays far.

I return to the conversation fluidly now, nodding at Briseis' explanation of her travels in the outlands. Another word for the Beyond, I suppose; but not the same as Elsewhere. "Beqanna is far easier to navigate than the outlands, or so I've heard." My eyes flick to go over the many scars the litter the mustang's muscled and worn body, markings that tell the truth of her tale for her. "But there may be more scars to collect here than there were out there," I add as a quiet afterthought.

She asks about how long we've been here, and before I can decide if here means Beqanna or Hyaline, Svedka answers the questions. I do not miss the way his eyes flash to mine at the mention of his sister's name, and I am uncomfortably reminded of the time I'd told him that she and I were lovers... The words we're so much more than that now get stuck to my tongue as I stare at her look alike, but with so much going on - Briseis, Ilma - it's truly not the time.

Clearing my throat, I turn to the little black mare. "I was born in Beqanna, but I spent a number of years in the Beyond - or the outlands, as you call them. When I returned, Hyaline welcomed me... But in truth, it is also Solace who keeps me here," I pause momentarily, not knowing whether to elaborate on that statement with the nature of our relationship. "Or at least, my heart is dedicated to her, and hers to Hyaline - so, by extension, mine, too."

Svedka asks her if she's been here before, and though I feel that I may know the answer, I perk my ears to listen, whilst interjecting a question of my own, too. "And though it is early to ask, I feel that I must as Protector of Hyaline: would you be interested in the peace or war caste, or residency? All are valid choices."

@[Ilma] @[Briseis] not sure who's going to go next?
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: You’re dripping like a saturated sunrise, anyone - by Kagerus - 04-30-2018, 06:09 PM