• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Warrick
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    He is not prepared for the turn that this conversation will soon take, and later he might reflect and wish that he would have spent less time talking about politics and soldiers, and more about Kagerus herself. Warrick is unable to tell that she is nervous before him, let alone pondering the reason as to why. He remembers her fondly from their previous battle, and mentally approves Solace’s choice as Hyaline’s Protector and General. Her diplomacy skills are exquisite as well - the Overseer feels comfortable as they converse as equals, and Warrick can feel the loyalty that Kagerus has for both Hyaline and the Caretaker. He is less businesslike now as their conversation continues, tilting a back hoof and absentmindedly shuffling his wings at his sides to allow the warm breeze to filter through the thick feathers.

“Sylva has already targeted Tephra, since we are housing the late Ischian people here on our shores. They aim to make chaos for the sake of chaos, there seems to be no method to their madness.” The Overseer’s face deepens with sadness and a hint of disgust as he remembers he had been unable to protect Kwartz, as well as the disappearance of Krone herself. Klaudius quickly took up arms with the Sylvan King, and even though the newcomers were still merely strangers, Warrick feels as if he has done them a disservice in protecting them. He sighs, however, and clears the thoughts from his mind to focus on the woman from Hyaline. He cannot dwell on what has already happened, but only focus on what would be Tephra’s future. “I do hope Hyaline remains away from the forefront of their minds.” He snorts sharply, flicking his ebony tail against his flank.

Kagerus continues, and Warrick’s blue-tipped ears flick forwards interestedly as she calls him by name. His brows raise curiously, intentionally listening. Another reason? But he does not interrupt, so instead he adjusts his stance so that he is standing upright, giving her his utmost attention - especially when she mentions she is looking for his ‘approval’. His lips turn into a frown slightly as confusion traces through the planes of his face, wondering what in the world Kagerus would want his approval on. Solace and himself are close, but he would never expect his daughter to ask him for approval to do anything, nor does he feel like Kagerus would care what others thought of her decisions.

The softness of his frown slackens even more to give him a surprised gaze, eyes slightly widening. The words spill from her mouth but they are not ramblings - they are heartfelt and genuine, steady and clear as she unspools everything from her heart and mind into the thick and humid Tephran air. There is a moment of pause as his unwavering gaze stares into hers, deeply exploring the tear-filled irises before him. The moment, though most likely impossibly terrible and long for Kagerus, quickly passes.

“I love her too,” he replies, his brow furrowing and a sort of seriousness coming over the Overseer. “and I would never stand in the way of anyone’s happiness, especially hers. If you are her happiness, who am I to argue?” He pauses with a gentle sigh. “I believe every word you say, Kagerus. The love you feel for her rivals my own.” A small smile finds the edges of his navy lips. His eyes are bright with sincerity, even if confusion flickers in their irises (Solace’s recent pregnancy, for example). “You do not need my approval, yet you are here seeking it anyway. It speaks volumes for your character, and for how much Solace means to you.”
    Warrick

@[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Warrick - by Warrick - 05-02-2018, 03:47 PM