• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Out with the golden we sew // Svedka

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    Well, my spiel falls on just one set of ears, apparently. And it's not the one I'd have expected, local be damned - as he slinks into view with a little smirk blossoming tenderly on those damnedly fine lips, I can't help but to roll my eyes; and then to smile, because hey. It's Svedka. And even if our friendship had had a spectacularly strange start, it's now become something I take great comfort in. Atop my head, the little seas shell he'd hung upon my horn jostles quietly in the wind, as if to remind me of exactly how close the Heart and I  now are, even after everything.

Sighing when no others show up, I give up the waiting game and slide free of the willow's trailing branches, towards the stallion I've come to know as a sort of brother - it would make sense, considering I see his father as my father, and his sister as my wife. Trying not to feel too defeated, I huff lightly as I approach the golden overo, shaking my head in disappointment.

"Hyaline just isn't ready yet," I offer quietly as I walk, eyes downcast. Without thinking too much of it, I come alongside the stag and nuzzle into the crook of his neck, the lengths of our bodies pressing comfortably together. Smiling when my shell jostles again, I angle my head so as to gently groom the slope of his shoulder as we stand there below his willow tree, as we once had; but it's different now, I'm no longer catatonic. In fact, I'm at peace - even if my meeting had flopped so grandly.

"Thank you for showing up," I say, but the words get garbled by a yawn. Nuzzling closer and attempting to bury myself in his taller frame, my eyes blink heavily as sleep threatens to overwhelm me. "I'm so tired Svedka..."

@[Svedka] for once she's actually? falling asleep? this never happens
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Svedka - by Kagerus - 04-27-2018, 06:25 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // All those interested in War Caste. - by Kagerus - 05-29-2018, 02:31 PM