• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Baltas, any
    He examines me keenly with those dark eyes, and though I am used to such attention being a well-traveled woman, I still find myself nearly nodding in approval of such watchfulness - but I don’t let the movement come to fruition, instead only settling before him. With his proffered words comes a small but kind cutting smile, the kind that leaves me feeling a little invaded, but not enough that I dislike him for it. Indeed, I rather like him more; and my own smile creeps to my lips, subtle and knowing, but also open.

”A pleasure to meet you, Baltas.” My lyrical tones sound harmonious to his as they trail after them, little tufts of vapor slipping from my lips as I speak. It’s cold, and bound to get colder; my winter coat has already begun growing in. But I do not focus on a thing as trivial as the weather, and instead tilt my head perceptively at Baltas’ straight forward question. I like the stallion immensely already.

”As a matter of fact, I can. In Beqanna, there are what we call kingdoms - hierarchies like herds, except with politics and warfare. There are six, and besides those who choose to live nomadically, everyone in Beqanna calls one of them home.”

I pause, watching to see if he understands what I am saying before continuing.

”I hail from the kingdom Hyaline - it is a mountainous region on the north-western side of Beqanna. We are Beqanna’s only light-neutral kingdom at the moment; in fact, we are a sanctuary kingdom to any who seek refuge. But the politics are getting grim, and as Hyaline’s Protector, I am in need of an army to protect all those who call her home during these trying times.”

I pause again, my smile gone, but my nutmeg eyes blazing with a hot hope. ”Do you think that that is something you can help me with, Baltas?”
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Baltas, any - by Baltas - 05-01-2018, 09:50 AM
    RE: Baltas, any - by Kagerus - 05-01-2018, 06:41 PM
    RE: Baltas, any - by Baltas - 05-01-2018, 10:01 PM
    RE: Baltas, any - by Kagerus - 05-01-2018, 11:02 PM
    RE: Baltas, any - by Baltas - 05-02-2018, 09:39 AM