• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I woke up like this - Any
    Despayr
    Since having settled in the kingdom of rolling hillsides, I have met few.  Welcomed none.  I have only shown myself besides my King in a semblance of support to his cause.  Reaching for Beqanna with an iron grip of power was entertaining to watch and I'd participate as only his gift.  A servant as such, so if(when) all fails I have not condemned myself.  Playing it safe was more than a game, it was survival.  I knew too much of the dominating powers of the mythical lands to be foolish enough to believe placidity would last. 

As I complete my revolution, my ears pivot to wisk audible notes from the stagnant air.  I process this information with a grin beginning to turn my lips upward.  I have heard of this Queen, not much but enough to know her thrones collapse.  She had reached for Beqanna and failed.  Many would and many -if not all- would crumble to ruins.  It was just the way things were.  My thoughts conclude as I come to a stand still before the mare.  I wasn't much of a conversationalist but better to get any rumors floating about put to rest, "Well now isn't that darling... Sabra... Queen of her own fate..." I pause with a pleased smile at my slight sarcasm, "Best to look after our own interests anyhow... isn't it?" My question is rhetorical of course.  A slight turn of my head brings my partial eyes to stare off across Loess briefly.  "I'm Despayr," my attention returns to the winged equine, "What brings you to our lands today?  Not trying to over reach again I hope..."  I was playing nice wasn't I..?

My body shifts only slightly as I rest my other hip.  The weight of pregnancy was crippling both physically and mentally.  My worries of if this child I carried would secure my place here or have me exiled was exhausting.  Soon I would slip away to give birth. Far from here to ensure that all was well before I presented it to him...
    This Is What They Came For

@[Sabra]

Messages In This Thread
    I woke up like this - Any - by Sabra - 05-01-2018, 01:20 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Despayr - 05-01-2018, 09:19 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Sabra - 05-02-2018, 01:39 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Despayr - 05-09-2018, 11:47 AM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Arthas - 05-15-2018, 08:19 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Sabra - 05-16-2018, 01:43 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Despayr - 05-16-2018, 09:19 PM
    RE: I woke up like this - Any - by Arthas - 05-17-2018, 07:00 PM