• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Poll: Which would you choose?
    You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
    Laptop
    100.00%
    6 100.00%
    Tablet
    0%
    0 0%
    Total 6 vote(s) 100%
    * You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Please help me choose
    Hey guys!

So I’m terrible at making choices and thought maybe I could ask your ipinions.

My laptop has broken down, battery doesn’t work anymore and it’s terribly slow. When I bought it at the end ofcollege it was a low-cost replacement that had to be working for at least a year, which it did - but not much more than that.
    I bought a desktop PC last year which works effortlessly due to a 500GB SSD and also a 1TB HDD (so yes it was something I only recently could afford).

Now I am using Phone + home PC but... sometimes you want a larger screen without sitting at a desk in a separate room, you know?

Which brings me two options;

Buy an SSD and a new battery and have my father reinstall the laptop
    Buy an android tablet

Both would be similar in costs cuz I found a very decent Samsung at about 200€ and the SSD and battery would roughly be 100€ each, which evens out.

The thing is I would probably only use this device for basic internet (BQ), Youtube, and maybe some netflix so i would not need something very powerful.

Anyone have any advice on this? I’m leaning towards the tablet since it’s gonna be smaller to carry around, but yeah i am uncertain cuz I’ve never had one before.
    The question that I always ask is keyboard; I can theoretically BQ from my iPad but I hate my iPad keyboard and I can’t switch effortlessly from my laptop to my iPad and back, because my portable iPad keyboard is just enough smaller than my laptop that there’s a learning curve every time. Though, if I didn’t have a full sized laptop maybe I wouldn’t have that problem, I dunno. So if I have to write mobile without my laptop, I typically just use my phone despite the difficulties. So I’d look into keyboards for the tablet and how you like them.
    Good point! Hadn’t thought of that much yet... I’ll look into that. Thanks!