• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I sold my soul for this ~Arthas~

"I am the least of the gods. Why would you trust me with this?"
    "You're the last and most important of them all" I replied.

There are many things a queen can do. Many things a queen will do, they have limits however. Lines they will not cross. Things they will never do for their kingdoms. A mother on the other hand, has a very different aspect on life. A boundless reserve of willingness to do anything for her child. A limitless ability to full that willingness. She is unhindered by worries of right and wrong, good and evil. All that consumers her mind is her love for her child. A mother gives no thought, where a queen makes a choice.

Now a mother who’s lost her children, a mother given a second chance… well limitless and boundless loose their meaning in the face of that mother. It’s never discussed, the pain of loosing a child. It’s incomprehensible, there are names for every type of pain. A person who loses their spouse is called a widow/widower. A child who loses it’s parents is called an orphan, but a parent that loses a child? There is just no word for that. Hestia has been given a second chance. After losing her children, yes, plural. She’s birthed a demon, taken in Porcia, and now? Now her belly grows, swelling with the seed of her lover planted there. A single night, she thought it had been safe, that the season had not come upon her. She thought… it was not so.

At first she didn’t know how to react, she couldn’t celebrate, couldn’t bring herself to be happy. He still does not know, blissfully unaware, wondering Nerine. She does not tell him. She has no duty, no allegiance to inform it’s father the consequences of that night. She would raise it. She would make sure it survived into adulthood. This time she would succeed. With this double dose of motherly instinct, with her choice to be queen, simply put, she will be a force to reckon with. The kingdoms should be careful with who they cross. She’s heard of the newest rulers in Beqanna, they are shiny and attractive to the recruits for now. Give it time, all will dwindle down to embers once more. Glowing with the spark of life, waiting to be poked at and brought back to blazing fire.

Nerine hasn’t died back though, it’s an ever-consuming inferno of heat and life exploding with the passion of warrior blood. Her wings crackle in their blaze, her eyes filled with the flames of her soul. Her skin still black as coal does not yet glow with the flames that reside just beneath the surface. She approaches the border. The queen meanders through the trees that separate Nerine from Loess. She is curious, tickled that another has replaced the child that she honestly couldn’t bring herself to hold a lengthy conversation with. She was a good child, but still a child none the less. Trying to talk politics with her had been… well Hestia had given up and returned home rather quickly. Now though… she waits, exploring the border and avoiding touching the trees with her wings.

HESTIA

@[Arthas]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]
    Arthas
    It was another day in Loess, the kingdom was slowly but surely growing in numbers. He may not have had to fight to much to be the king of Loess, but he sure worked hard to rebuild what remained. The quiet kingdom that protected Lepis had mainly fled when Arthas took over, but it was alright, the weak was weeded out.

He was preparing to slip away for a bit and head into Sylva, his mind always lingered to Lepis. He wanted to ensure her safety at all times, but he also had bad intentions, intentions that had him impatiently waiting for the fall season to come around once again. Although as he came around a smaller mountain his eyes catch that of a stranger, he stops for a moment and gazes at her. Her pelt was ebony, but she carried fire wings on her back. interesting he thinks to himself before moving closer.

As he approached he continued to observe her, she carried herself differently, she was a strong independent mare. He stops a few paces away and her scent lingers over to him, Scorch the hairless mare runs to his mind. They had met on numerous occasions while recruiting, was this her leader? Finally meeting the queen of the very bold and stubborn Scorch, the queen of perhaps one of the stronger kingdoms in beqanna.

He dips his head in greeting I was wondering when I would see the ruler of...Nerine was it? He vaguely remembers Scorch mentioning the kingdom name. My name is Arthas, King of Loess, but I am sure that is why you came here. His gaze looks for hers, slowly but surely the other kingdoms heard of Arthas' arrival and new rule over Loess. They all flocked to meet with him, they wanted to get a feel for him, to decide if Loess is an enemy or an ally.

Dangerous Business

@[Hestia]

"I am the least of the gods. Why would you trust me with this?"
    "You're the last and most important of them all" I replied.

She’s not really paying attention, however, it’s rarely she actually does pay attention. Most snag her attention one way or another without her having to put forth all that much effort. Actually, she never puts in the effort. Rather depressing in it’s own way. Also very pleasant to always know the status of your own importance. She may be queen of the bitches currently, but it is only from their approval that she has remained so this long. A kingdom full of past queens, and immortals from the old world, yes you could say the Leviathans are strong now. So why stand here? Why now?

She could have ignored the situation completely. It isn’t worry or politics that make the final decision, if it had been she would have simply waited for him to approach her. It is Idle curiosity has always been a soft spot of hers and it’s what brings her to their borders now. A wandering soul such as herself always finds a way to sate its ever-hungry nature. A rustle of hooves tells her someone is coming but she doesn’t bother to call out to them. Doesn’t bother with making herself known. Then a dappled young male steps out of the obscure background and into the space that would be their little circle of confidence. A low rumble warbles from her throat purring out from her nostrils in response to his introduction.

He interests her, she roves over his frame, handsome enough in his own right. A quirk of her lip, and she locks gazes with his. Green eyes narrowing, focusing solely on him. You assume much. She quizzically askes pausing a while afterwards to give him a chance to come up with a response. The flames of her wings dance with the cold breeze of their icy winter. It’s warmer here than it is in Nerine. For the first time in her life her coat grows thick and fluffy and she finds gratitude for the flames that burn inside her. Making it through these winters are a bitter ordeal and something that she had, in the past, considered to be the worst aspect of this new Beqanna.

Her eyes shine with the peeked curiosity, he isn’t at all what she’d expected. Which is saying something considering she normally comes into a conversation expecting nothing. But the tremble of fear and caution she had heard in the voices of horses from her allied kingdoms who had come to her borders informing her of the changes; had led her to assume that the new rulers were abrasive personalities. Honestly, they’d painted a picture of blood mongering monsters who’s only desire would be to end all that is good in Beqanna. Modi had given her that impression. Impulsive, young, and hungry for power. But this male before her, he appears to be more practiced, and not at all like Modi. She would have to ask why he chose to align himself with that kingdom out of all the ones that he could have.

It’s not as if Modi had anything to offer, and it’s not as if Sylva is the strongest. Was he hoping to earn the trust of Sylva’s ruler? Was he planning something more? Possibly to pass her own kingdom in status, and power? Hmm, this would be an interesting introduction. Whatever the case may be, she thinks that she rather likes this male.

HESTIA

@[Arthas]
    [Image: 345k45w.jpg]