• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kingdom announcement & activity check - ALL

kagerus
    and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
    The voices are gone, this time for good. They are replaced now by her laughter, that crystalline sound that I find myself falling asleep next to and gently awakening me come dawn. Her barrel widens with the weight of twins, and my heart widens with undeniable love for her.

We play together, in our dreams - our little family, unborn and neglected, practicing for when the day really comes. And there is nothing more beautiful. Nothing more beautiful than the family we've somehow managed to create, ass-backwards and blindfolded.

She'd launched herself into the air today (pregnant with twins and all) with a giddiness that left me grinning and prancing there on earth. As her milk and honey figure drifts across the frozen lake, I make my way towards our predestined meeting spot - the eastern bank, where a clearing could hold the members of Hyaline.

By the time her call has been sung and she settles down on earth again, I am there to greet her. Our backs are to the frozen lake, and before any arrive, I press a gentle kiss to the soft nook just behind the curve of her lips. I love you, I murmur; but there's not time for more sweet nothings, as the members trickle in.

I greet each as they come, for I know many of them. A palomino appaloosa introduces herself as Embark, and a little filly appears, looking curiously at me. She must be Sochi, the exchange student Solace told me about. Then comes Ilma, and I press a warm greeting to her nose after she has done so with Solace. My heart goes out to the white angel, but since she'd greeted Baltas with me, I know that she's getting better. Doing better. I offer her a smile - but still, more follow in her wake.

Svedka settles on the other side of Solace, as well he should. And just behind him is a skinny amber thoroughbred, plated in bone; I offer him a reserved smile, but internally I wonder at his presence. His scent is foreign, but he places himself so comfortably next to a member of Hyaline's council... But before I can wonder at his presence much more, Solace is welcoming the crowd (which has numbers surely greater than I have herein listed).

With perked ears and a smile of the utmost support, I listen to her soft voice lilting to those gathered. It is short and succinct, a talent of hers that I surely do not share - but upon being named the co-leader of Hyaline, I bow my head humbly. A spark of warmth erupts from where her nose presses so comfortably into my shoulder, and I lift my nutmeg eyes to her as they shine with wordless gratitude. Before facing the crowd, I reach for her, and press my nose to the curve of her jaw.

Upon straightening, I caste my gaze out to the crowd, smiling without reservation. "Though many of you know me, I am Kagerus - and it is my honor to join Solace in her efforts to lead this sanctuary." A breeze ruffles our winter coats, but no bad weather could cool the warmth I feel inside. "It is my hope that I can continue in this position to help Hyaline and her people to prosper. The politic landscape is growing less harmonious with every passing day, and it will be a struggle to maintain our reputation as a neutral safehold for the refugees of Beqanna - but we will try."

"As of now, I will be continuing also as Hyaline's protector until another proves themselves worthy and wanting of the position. When I called a meeting for the war caste last month, I had only one come to express interest." My eyes go to Svedka, who'd offered me congratulations, who wears my flowers in his mane, and whose apple I can still taste from this morning's breakfast. I thank him, wordlessly, for his appearance - and smile upon remembering exactly how we  spent that meeting. I return my eyes to the crowd. "If any among you are inclined to join the war caste, please let it be known. We are in dire need of bodies willing to protect the souls we harbor within our peaceful borders."

"Furthermore, if you are interested in joining the peace caste, let that too be known." I glance to Solace, knowing that she's ready for all this spiel - since I warned her that I'd be long winded and all. "Ilma is our Ambassador, and will guide you through any missions or queries."

Inhaling deeply, I attempt to look each horse gathered in the eye as I deliver my final segment. "Lastly, my first words of guidance as a Caretaker and Queen of Hyaline is to recruit. We are growing in numbers every day - but whether you identify as diplomat, warrior, or resident, know that our strength grows most when we have more likeminded bodies to keep us warm during the cold of the oncoming political storm."

Quieting at last, I shift my weight until Solace's wings brush soothingly against my side - and the nerves that I'd been feeling this whole time melt away. Though some might not appreciate my ascension, I know in my heart that it truly is what's best for Hyaline. Nodding my head slightly, I signal that my speech has ended. Hopefully there will be some input from those gathered 'round.

AHHHHHH HI GUYS IM SORRY FOR THE WORDSPLOSION!
    Everyone is more than welcome to do another round of IC posts, but if you would rather just edit your existing posts to mention which caste you'd like your pony to be in, that'd be great <3 Let's get this board filled!! Also, anyone who hasn't answered yet is more than welcome to. This thread is far from finished Smile <333
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: kingdom announcement & activity check - ALL - by Kagerus - 05-10-2018, 01:46 AM