• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I can't repair the damage done, [{Wishbone}]

- Are you thinking of me when you love him? -

It’s growing increasingly hard to keep his eyes off of Wishbone, the more she twists around him like a sultry wildcat. Bane admits to himself that this environment suits her, with its perilous cliffs and occasionally harsh climate. He watches the way she carries herself, how when she speaks her gaze demands centerstage and the rest … falls away. Confidence always suited her, the flashy Loessian thinks, bursting into raucous laughter at her comment on keeping him here forever. Would she laugh the same way, though, if their roles were reversed?

The streamline curves of her maturing body, all working in graceful tandem with one another, are a glorious thing to watch when Wishbone careens away. Everything inside of her seems to be at its brightest, its best, and as Wolfbane unfurls his wings to take flight above her, he cannot help but begin to adore this Wishbone as much as he did when they were both younger. Still, the odd-looking pegasus manages to playfully jut his tongue out from between his jaws while the mahogany mare turns to look for him; there would be time to explore these new feelings later.

A draft catches him, sending the bicolored stallion up over the first waves his companion crashes so eagerly into, and then he’s diving down again at full tilt: one wing extended towards the choppy waters while the other turns itself to the hazy sun. The white tips of one feathered wing dip into the water, spraying a fan of gem-like droplets in its wake and then he’s turning, curving his legs beneath him and leveling out to glide, swan-like, into the ocean beside her.

“Lead the way.” He encourages her, unphased in the least at the prospect of water aerobics when he had a perfectly good pair of tickets to sky travel. It was ten times more enjoyable to watch her leap into the depths, undaunted and daring just as she’d been on land.

Together the two make good time, Wishbone leading with Bane positioned shoulder-to-hip at her left, and as they round the bend of Nerine a sudden anomaly appears. A littoral cave, pitch-black and yawning wide, welcomes both horses when they push themselves into its depths. “You would be the one to find something like this,” Bane chuckles breathlessly, wading cannon-deep in the inky waters behind her while his head turns side-to-side, “Fuckin’ incredible, Wishbone.”

She leads them deeper. His own eyes discern nothing so he’s glad she seems to know the way, but he can still smell her wild aroma (nutmeg and warm, windblown and earthy) and so he follows closely while the clatter of their hooves cover up the need for conversation. However, there are questions piling upon each other in his mind while they walk, so much so that Bane opens his mouth to speak only to lose his voice when the soft glow of artificial light gleams ahead.

With one step, they’re transported into an entirely different world. The stallion can hardly believe it, even as his eyes roam the walls and ceiling while his mouth hangs agape. Wishbone walks ahead - he tilts one ear to hear her - and then she says something that turns his head in her direction. There she stands: a vision cloaked in warm blue, the proud rise of her cheeks and her lovely nose glimmering. In contrast her angles are darkened; she looks nearly feral. His mouth closes shut and he swallows, hard. “Simply beautiful.” He breathes, unable to tear his gaze away from her. The brute moves closer instead, each step deliberate and suddenly … heavy.

“Tell me what I’ve missed, this past year.” He asks simply enough, nose reaching out to brush against her own, “Nerine really fits you.”

WOLFBANE

@[Wishbone] This gave me all the muse <3
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I can't repair the damage done, [{Wishbone}] - by Wolfbane - 05-31-2018, 10:30 AM