• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

undo the knots of the past / viserion, any
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    The pressure of having two of their own held captive outside the borders weighs on him, and it would even if he had no loyalty towards them except as his Brothers and subjects. It doesn’t help that he does like both of them, immensely. Jesper is his own grandson, newly come home to him, and Leilan while mildly annoying reminds him of an old friend; an old friend who had in turn also begun as a (more than) mildly annoying young man. But just because he is stretched and stressed, does not mean life does not go on at home, and he is forcing himself to enjoy these small moments.

It feels, as if the world might upon up under his hooves at any moment. He must enjoy the time before that, because gods know when such times will come again.

Low tide has reached them, so Brennen is on the shore, idly watching the horizon. It’s not always this side of the island, sometimes he finds himself standing at the Tephra crossing to watch instead; but more often it is here. He trusts to the friendly relationship between Ischia and Tephra, for the most part, to prevent anything dangerous from coming up that side. Most days, he sees nothing but perhaps the crossing of his own people. Today, he is rewarded because the familiar face crossing the channel is accompanied by someone unfamiliar, but it is clear even from a distance that neither of them is in distress.

A recruit, then; or a potential recruit. The corners of Brennen’s mouth tilt up in a pleased smile as he steps out across the sand to join them, strolling in a way that is unhurried but brings him to their sides without an undue waste of time. “Good evening, Takei,” he greets the pinto stallion with a nod and a smile, before turning a friendly but curious look towards the tall red-and-black stallion. Something in the back of his mind says he knows him, should be able to place his face, but at the same time he seems too young for the Tundra, which is where the bay King’s aging mind insists he should be able to place him. But then again, in body, Brennen also seems too young to be over seven decades old; it is only in mannerisms that his true age is ever hinted at.

“Welcome to Ischia,” he offers with another fleeting smile. “I’m Brennen.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

Messages In This Thread
    RE: undo the knots of the past / viserion, any - by Brennen - 05-17-2018, 11:43 AM