• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest! Round two (now with results!)
    The instant the plane is out of the box, it begins to fall.  One moment the wind is blowing through her mane and freedom is just within her grasp and then suddenly the world is disappearing out from under her.  Her mouth twists in a scream, but nothing comes out - she’s too terrified.  The ground rushes towards her and she struggles to free herself from the plane.  As scared as she is, she still knows that she doesn’t want to be underneath it when it hits.  

It’s all over in a second.  She hits the ground with an audible thump and lies there, stunned.  The plane lies only a few inches away.  Somehow, she’s still alive.  

She’s left no time to think about this surprise however, as, seconds later, an earsplitting shriek threatens to deafen her.  “Eeeeeeeee!  A pony!”  Something large and slightly sticky closes over her body and suddenly she’s lifted back into the air.  Syl tries to struggle against it (something tells her this is not a good place to be), but quickly discovers that she’s unable to move.  Her body has just stopped responding all together.

The thing lifts her higher and higher, until it stops with a sudden jerk.  Then it turns her around.  There, in front of her, is a face.  A massive, pink, fleshy face, with two bright blue eyes that are staring at her with a terrifying intensity.  “A pony!  My very own pony!”  Oh God.  She’s in hell.

The thing holding her (which she abruptly realizes is a hand) begins to move, and suddenly she’s spinning very fast through the air.  “Pooooonyyyyyyyyyyyy!”  Round and round she goes, until the face collapses towards the floor taking her with it.  As she falls, Syl manages to catch a better glimpse of the creature.  It’s a girl - a human girl.  Except it’s absolutely enormous.  Bloody hell, she really has been turned into a toy.  This has to be a dream.

The girl stands up again, and lifts Syl back towards her face.  The blue eyes peer intently at her once again.  “I’m going to call you … Bubblegum!”  As the girl talks, little droplets of spit fly out of her mouth and land on Syl.  Oh God she wishes she could move her body.  “Come on Bubblegum!  You can live in my castle!”  She’s on the move again, being carried through the air towards a massive white, pink and gold thing that’s lying on the floor.  The closer she gets, the more she’s able to wrap her head around what she’s seeing.  Three white towers, all attached together, rise out of a pale pink base.  Each is topped with a pointed roof of pink and gold.  As she gets even closer, she can see that each tower is crammed full of things - every little room is stuffed with even more pink and gold.

She’s suddenly slammed onto the ground in front of the castle with jarring force.  Dull pain floods her legs, accompanied by a strong sense of foreboding.  She has a feeling that things are only going to get worse from here on out.  “Here Bubblegum, this is Princess Nessy!”  A plastic doll (also adorned in pink and gold) is slammed down in front of her.  The doll isn’t moving, but Syl thinks she sees fear in its eyes.  “She’s going to be your rider!  But first you need a hair cut!”  The girl grabs a massive pair of scissors from a nearby table and brings them up to Syl’s face.  “Snip!  Snip!  You’re going to be soooo pretty!”  The scissors jab down towards Syl’s head and she feels a sharp, blinding pain in her ear.  If she had been able to move, she would’ve screamed.  “Whoopsies!  Sorry Bubblegum!”  The scissors fall away and the girl skips off to another part of the room, her back to Syl and the doll.  Syl takes the opportunity - who knows how many she’s going to get?!  “Hey!  How do we get out of here?!”  She tries to whisper at the doll in front of her, but the doll stays silent and still.  

Thud, thud!  Too late!  The girl has returned and is pulling something out of a little box.  “Here I’ll fix you!”  She opens a little packet, and puts a pink strip of something up to Syl’s face.  “It’s Sleeping Beauty!  She’s my favourite!”  Then she squashes the strip down over Syl’s throbbing ear, where it sticks.  “Now Nessy can ride you!”  The girl picks up the doll and slams it down on Syl’s back, jamming one of it’s high-heeled feet right into Syl’s spine.  The doll is clearly not made to go on a pony of Syl’s size, so the girl begins fiddling with the doll’s legs.  She wrenches them apart and forces them down Syl’s sides, the shoes dragging painfully against Syl’s plastic skin and leaving scratch marks in the purple paint.  “Yayy!  Time for a ride Nessy!  Let’s go to the mountain!”  She begins slamming Syl into the floor, moving forward ever so slowly, one inch at a time.  Pain shoots through Syl’s legs every time she hits the ground.  The girl keeps them moving forward until they reach a plastic rock with a tower sticking out of it.  “Oh no!  A dragon!”  From behind the tower the girl picks up a big green plastic dragon with her other hand.  “But Bubblegum and Princess Nessy will save the day!”  She slams Syl into the dragon, sending ‘Princess Nessy’ flying and putting even more scratches in Syl’s paint.  She slams Syl into the dragon over and over until, “hooray!”  The girl throws the dragon against the wall.  “Bubblegum saves the day!”

A loud voice suddenly calls out, coming from somewhere under the floor.  “Nerissa!  It’s time to go!”  The girl looks up from her toys towards her bedroom door.  “But muuuuum!”  A tentative hope springs up in Syl’s chest.  Is this it?  Is her torture finally over?  “No buts Nerissa!  It’s your birthday party!  We need to get going!”  The girl looks back at Syl and sighs heavily.  The little bud of hope in Syl grows even bigger.  Yes, it’s over!  Then the look on the girl’s face brightens.  Uh oh.  “You can come with me Bubblegum!  You can meet all my friends!”  Syl’s heart sinks.  This really is hell.  She would rather face the families of all of Elite’s victims at this point.

The girl (now revealed as Nerissa) rushes for the door and heads for a set of stairs.  When she reaches the top, she accidentally drops Syl.  Syl tumbles down the stairs, falling head over heels and hitting every single step on the way down.  When she hits the bottom she lies there, stunned.  Her body aches all over.  “Whoooopsies!”  The girl starts skipping down the stairs.  “NO TOOTSIE!  NO!”  Something warm and wet closes over her and sharp things begin digging into her sides.  It’s a dog.  A fat little black and tan dog.  And it’s apparently decided she’s a chew toy.  

The dog chows down, digging its teeth into her over and over and over.  Syl feels certain that she’s going to die.  It’s seems like an eternity before Nerissa finally makes it down the stairs and rips her from the dog’s mouth.  “BAD TOOTSIE!  BAD DOG!”  Syl is once again held up to Nerissa’s face.  “I’ll fix you Bubblegum!”  The girl is about to head back upstairs, when a woman’s head pokes through a nearby corner.  “Nerissa!  We need to go NOW!”  Nerissa looks between Syl and her mom, then sniffs sadly.  “I’ll fix you later.”  Then she skips towards the front door.  She speeds through the door, into the driveway, and through the open door of an already running SUV (not that Syl knows what it is), swinging Syl by her long tail.  She plonks herself down in a seat and is about to buckle herself in before, she suddenly yells.  “MUMMY I FORGOT MY CROWN!”  The woman, now seated up in the front of the car, groans loudly.  “Quickly Nerissa, quickly!”  The girl flies out of the seat, dropping Syl on the ground in the process.  She lands with a thud on the cement, falling slightly under the SUV.  She doesn’t even try to get up.  Her body is just too sore.

From her position on the ground, she can hear the woman in the car tapping her fingers.  Then the woman’s head pokes out of the car window.  “NERISSA! HURRY UP!”  Then the woman begins to back the car down the driveway.  Syl doesn’t realize what’s happening at first - the car above simply begins to move and an odd but horrible smell fills the air.  Then she notices that she’s in the path of the wheel.  And it’s too late for her to get out of the way.

She’d thought the dog had been bad.  She’d been wrong.  

As the wheel rolls over her, her body is filled with the worst pain that she’s ever experienced.  Her insides are slowly crushed and she can feel her neck give way under the extreme pressure.  When the wheel finally rolls away, she’s left in two pieces.  Her head has fallen off, her body is slightly flattened and her legs are cracked and lying at awkward angles.  She wishes she could die.

She’s in so much pain that she doesn’t notice Nerissa returning until the girl picks up the two pieces of her body and bursts into tears.  “MUMMY YOU BROKE HER!  YOU RAN HER OVER!”  The woman jumps out of the car to join them and Syl can just barely hear her muttering under her breath.  “Oh I don’t have time for this.”  The woman peers in at Syl’s broken body and sighs.  “I’m sorry princess, I really am.  We’ll buy you a new one after your party.  How about that?”  Nerissa sniffs and nods through her tears.  “Alright sweetie, go put her in the garbage and then come back and get buckled up.  We really need to go.”  The girl nods and then heads back into the house, taking Syl with her.  She heads straight to the kitchen and opens a cupboard directly under the sink.  She lifts Syl up to her eyes one last time.  “I’m sorry Bubblegum!”  The she tosses Syl into the trash.

As she hits the bottom of the bin (the impact softened only slightly by rotten food), Syl can hear Nerissa singing as she skips away.  “I’m going to get a new pony!  A poooonyyyyyy!”  

Can she please, please wake up now?

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Ephrelle - 06-22-2015, 10:15 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Shannisoran - 06-23-2015, 12:57 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Speck - 06-23-2015, 01:03 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Syl - 06-23-2015, 03:35 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Erebor - 06-23-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by sleaze - 06-23-2015, 04:54 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Wichita - 06-23-2015, 05:00 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Yronwood - 06-23-2015, 10:07 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Malis - 06-24-2015, 12:38 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by munroe - 06-24-2015, 05:36 AM