• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Oh look, a quest! Round two (now with results!)
    He's barely taken a few steps away from the toy box that he had just escaped, when he hears a string of sounds that fill his little plastic heart with dread, though he's not sure why. A loud slamming noise. A quiet voice from elsewhere in the house. An excited shriek that is even louder than the slamming sound had been. And then, footsteps. Footsteps racing in his direction, and the door behind Yronwood flies open. Nerissa hurls her pink schoolbag in the general direction of her bed, before turning her attention to him. Caught up in her gaze, he feels like one of the Jungle monkeys in the moment before a fearsome jaguar pounced, and even before her hand snatches him up, the colt is unable to move a single muscle due to his terror.

This, this must be the girl that Monkey had spoken of with such dread. At first, she seems excited upon seeing her newest toy, and he wonders if the cymbal monkey had exaggerated its words. But all too quickly, her happy grin flips itself, her young face contorting with rage. "NO! YOU BOUGHT ME THE WRONG TOY! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BUY ME A PINK ONE! I AM A PRINCESS! " And he abruptly finds himself hurtling through the air, colliding painfully with the nearest wall. One of his legs snaps off from the harsh impact, and he finds himself lying back on the floor again, agony etched in every plastic bit of his body. There was no chance of him being able to try to run and hide now, if he could even stand at all anymore. Staring blankly at the pink wallpaper, he can hear Nerissa rummaging around in the direction of the desk he'd had a quick glance at earlier. The sound causes Roe to attempt to stand, but he only manages a step or two before his uneven set of limbs causes the bright red pony to topple over again.

His plastic nose twitches, catching ahold of something he'd never smelled before. It's strong, whatever it is, and.....something drips down onto his back and shoulders. Were he back in his non-plastic body, he would have twitched his skin in response. Maniacal giggling assaults his ears, followed by yet another shriek. "PONY! YOU NEED PAINTING!" Oh...so that's what had dripped upon him, he thinks to himself just as she snatches him up once again, a paintbrush utterly *soaked* in pink paint held in her other hand. Nerissa coats Yronwood with it from head to tail, not even sparing his eyes, and his vision is quickly blocked out by an endless sea of pink. Held fast in the child's grasp, he can't even close his eyes or rub a leg against them to try and remove the paint. Oh, please let this be a nightmare. Please let him wake up from this so he can tell Ephrelle all about his crazy dream, so they can laugh it away together and make it not seem so horrid.

The reality of his battered and blinded form is all too solid, however. There is no waking up from this. Once the paint has dried on his body, Nerissa plays with him for what the colt can only guess is a week, keeping track of how many times he hears her going to sleep at night and leaving in the morning for school or play dates (and the idea of there being more human children out there as horrible as she causes a shudder to wrack his plastic body). By then, most of his mane and tail strands have been pulled out, and one of his ears is bent at a pretty bad angle. It seems to be the fact that his missing leg keeps causing him to fall over that finally pushes her over the edge. "PONY IS BROKEN! I WANT A NEW PONY! ONE THAT'S ALREADY PINK! "

He hears the voice from the very first day, the quiet one, protesting at first, before giving in and agreeing to get the monster-child a new pony. What was going to happen to him now? For what turns out to be the last time, he is grabbed ahold of, carried a short distance, and hurled into a plastic bag that smells absolutely awful and is full of various things that leave him actually feeling grateful to be sightless. He's never cried in his life, and now, when he wants to, he can't. *Ephrelle*, Yronwood thinks, *I'm so happy that you're safe and not here with me, that it's only me who had to go through this. I love you, and Mother. Mother, I hope you've found exciting new places in your travels.* His goodbyes said, he lies there in the darkness, silently awaiting his fate.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Ephrelle - 06-22-2015, 10:15 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Shannisoran - 06-23-2015, 12:57 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Speck - 06-23-2015, 01:03 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Syl - 06-23-2015, 03:35 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Erebor - 06-23-2015, 04:45 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by sleaze - 06-23-2015, 04:54 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Wichita - 06-23-2015, 05:00 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Yronwood - 06-23-2015, 10:07 PM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Malis - 06-24-2015, 12:38 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by munroe - 06-24-2015, 05:36 AM
    RE: Oh look, a quest! Round two - by Shaytan - 06-24-2015, 02:46 PM