• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia
    we are crooked souls trying to stay up straight
    The black and white woman introduces herself, and though concern plagues his oceanic gaze, he is able to offer Porcia a true smile (warm and inviting as always, genuinely glad she has come to Tephra with Scorch) with a polite dip of his head towards her. “Greetings, Porcia.”

Scorch wastes no time (he had always enjoyed that about her, and it quells his anxiety to know that she will go straight to the point - good or bad - every time). The name on her lips is unfamiliar to him: King. But he accepts the title with a gracious nod, for he knows that it is from a high place of respect and honor that she calls him as such. His gaze remains steady and unwavering, his jaw clenched tightly as she addresses him, updating him. A frown creases the cobalt of his lips at the news of Hestia’s passing - and perhaps for a moment he is more sorrowful than they are. Of course, they have had time to process the death of their Queen, but Warrick can only imagine. It does not take long for his brow to furrow above his sad, wise eyes as he contemplates what Nerine’s next move could possibly be.

He does not have to think about it for long, because Scorch is more than willing to fill in the gaps. It did not surprise him that Scorch has now taken Hestia’s place as Queen (a fitting title and position for the scarred and hairless warrior), and a swift nod of agreement placates the announcement, as well as a murmur of acceptance in his throat. 

‘Your daughter, Wishbone - ’

The King’s expression changes - his head tilts slightly and he instinctively takes a step towards Scorch, searching her face with a slack jaw - and fear is found settling loosely in his gaze. It changes quickly again into one of surprise, brows rising as she informs him that Wishbone has been selected as heir to the Nerinian throne (and by relation, is safe and sound). He cannot help the soft snort of surprise that escapes him, curving his muscular neck so that his chin rests near his mahogany chest. As Scorch’s words sinks in, his eyes gently roving to Porcia to see perhaps her own reaction then back to Scorch, he wonders if he should even be surprised in the first place. Is it really so shocking that his wild-eyed daughter would assume the lead of the Leviathans? At this thought, an easy smile graces the Overseer’s lips.

“I have always told Wishbone that she had been destined for great things. I obviously did not realize that this is what destiny had in store for her, but if she has accepted the responsibility, myself and Tephra are more than willing to oblige to the change in leadership. I have done all I can for her here in Tephra, and beneath your council, she will thrive.” A pause.

“Nerine will thrive.”
    Warrick

@[Scorch] @[Porcia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Desolation comes upon the sky // Warrick + Porcia - by Warrick - 05-17-2018, 06:42 PM