• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I may have found what I am looking for [Solace]
    Lavendel's kiss, placed gently behind his ear, at the peak of his nape, sends a warm wave down his spine. Her whisper is as tender as her touch and, aquamarine gaze holds hers as she steps back. Her smile reveals her love and yet, her sorrow as well. He feels his throat thicken and, his glossy pools glisten with tears. Her sweet words leave him frozen there, just watching her disappear. He knew telling her would be difficult for both of them but, he had not considered how hard saying goodbye to her would be. For that, he is grateful that neither of them actually said goodbye. This was not the end, after all. He made himself this solemn vow: he would return to her.

Alas, he had one more thing to do before setting out to Sylva. He must find Solace and, request a private conversation. Gathering his thoughts and, his muscles, chassis pivots until ebony equine faces the direction he had come from. Quad pillars engage to carry stallion back around the crystal surface of the pool. Bronze-tipped lobes prick atop finely chiseled cranium while, light blue gaze and nasal caverns work together to locate Hyaline's Caretaker. An animated walk soon delivers steed to her and, in greeting, onyx male emits a soft nicker. Jesper also offers a respectful dip of his poll before gaze lifts to meet her similarly-colored irises. With the formalities out of the way, steed finds his voice and, speaks in a smooth tone. "Lady Solace, may I request a few moments of your time?" He slows to a halt and, waits patiently for her to respond.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Solace]
    Jesper | Juice | Velk
    REAL SOLACE

Solace

. . .

With her swollen barrel, Solace no longer takes to the sky. Earthbound by the weight of two foals, she is most often found on the banks of the lake where the sun's warmth is not blocked by the branches of the bare trees. 

The twins grew rapidly, demanded most of her energy, and Solace is already daydreaming of the spring days to come. Now in the second half of her pregnancy, the Queen's once busy life had settled into something completely different than what it had been.  Wistfully, she thinks ahead to the days when she can return to her routine and watchful flights over the mountains.  Her cerulean feathers remain well groomed, arranged and plated together like armor, aching for use. 

She sighs as she looks out across the lake, wondering where would be a likely place to find Ilma. But the clip of a hoof on a stone causes her pale face to turn over her shoulder, and a delighted smile parts her lips. Kagerus had taken on the brunt of kingdom management, but she is relieved that she can do at least one useful thing today.

"Jesper, of course!" She replies to his question, taking several strides in the dark stallions direction. "Whats on your mind?" 

Relaxing her weight back into one hip, Solaces watched his fine features and quick eyes as she waits for his answer.  

@[Jesper]
    Jesper's mind cannot help but slip, from the present, back to the Ischia meeting in which his grandsire was crowned King. He recalls the discussion of where women should fall among their ranks. Having always surrounded himself with competent, intelligent women, of course, the black steed voiced his opinion of granting them equal opportunities. How does this tie into his visit to Hyaline? Well, Solace can be added to his list as, yet, another fierce lady. She stands before him, clearly burdened with the weight of offspring on top of being the Caretaker, with composure and, genuine compassion. She was a model of discipline and, a generous soul. She certainly held his respect and, he could see why the Brotherhood sought her allegiance.

Attention returns to the present as her compassionate tone reaches his bronze-tipped ears. Light blue gaze matches hers before a soft smile curves lips upwards. "I certainly don't mean to discredit your intelligence or, kingdom resources but, I feel it is proper to deliver the news of Sabra and, Lavendel's departure, to you, in-person. I was able to catch up with both of them. Sabra left Hyaline to seek the comforts of a friend. As for Lavendel," his tone shifts here, becoming softer and, more tender. "She will be returning with me to Ischia. I was not aware of how much I cared for her; how fond of her I really am, until the takeover. Until she was no longer right there."

He swallows now, pushing his emotions back into the depths before he takes a step closer. His gaze softens as he continues. "Solace, I must thank you for offering your home to Sabra and Lavendel; for offering them sanctuary and, keeping them safe. I may not serve Sabra any more but, I will always reserve respect for her and, wish her well. And, dearest Lamb, I realize that my heart might have broken if anything happened to her. I am slightly concerned that Ischia may not be the safest place as the forces of evil grow stronger and, bolder; however, we cannot bear to be apart." Realizing that he had let himself get carried away, Jesper offers an apology. "I am sorry. I did not intend to burden you with any of my worries. You have plenty of your own. I just felt a formal thank you was in order. So, sincerely, Thank you."
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Solace]

Solace

. . .

Solace stands and listens as he speaks his peace. Through her resting wings the breeze flutters and her blue eyes never leave his face. His voice is heavily spiced with deep feeling, and she finds that her fondness for the dark stallion is growing. 

Hyaline was a sanctuary, and she was accustomed to unanchored souls coming and going as they pleased. As long as they did nothing to disturb the tranquility of her kingdom, she was glad to provide a safe place until they found the strength to strike out on their own.  Some would stay and build their ranks, but just as many would simply use the mountains for its intended purpose and disappear when their time had come - she didn't hold it against them. But she did appreciate Jesper taking this extra step, even when it was not expected.

"It was my honor, Jesper," she says, pressing her pale muzzle fondly to his own. The two women he spoke of were passing names in Hyaline's history - but they were beloved souls to him, and Solace had been happy to play her part in their stories. 

"You are a rare sort of stallion," she says with a little shake of her head, "and each time I have met with you my admiration has grown," she adds, her voice is low and sincere.

In her years as Caretaker she had come to quickly recognize good qualities in others, and this man possessed many that could not be learned. "I do not presume to question your loyalty, but I want you to know that Hyaline will always be open to you and yours."

Jesper could only hope that Solace did not perceive him as the emotionally, irrational sort. He did pledge himself as an Ischian warrior and, although he has the charisma and tact, he simply preferred the strategies required on the battlefield. Aquamarine gaze notes that Solace never loses her focus and, intently listens to him. Her gentle nuzzle of reassurance and, humble words are enough to settle Jesper's thoughts. As she continues, the ebony stallion feels his cheeks growing flush; though, he does not permit her compliment to go to his head. He replies, with a few words, in a sincere tone. "Your kind words mean so much to me, Solace. Thank you."

Her last phrase is an offer that Jesper knows to be genuine, just by the tone of her voice. He knew she did not intend to question his loyalty and so, he offers a smile, warm with gratitude. "I greatly appreciate your invitation and, I will be sure to accept if the need arises. Hyaline is a magical land and, you and Kagerus have built a gracious home. Likewise, I would like to extend an offer of my own. If you ever find yourself in need of an additional soldier, I am at yours. Do not hesitate to call on me." It seemed as though they had reached a mutual place and, nothing more needed to be said. Poll lowers and, nape stretches out to extend whiskered plush towards her. He gently presses his warm muzzle into hers and, lingers long enough to exhale a couple of warm whuffs upon her nose. Pulling away, he smiles before permitting vocal chords to voice his farewell. "I wish nothing but the best for you and Hyaline in the coming season. Until next time, do take care of yourself, Lady Solace." And, with that, he turns southeast to follow the coastline to the River in order to return home.
    jesper
    carnage x bethanie
    devin's∇designs

@[Solace], I believe you wanted to wrap this up. I hope this works <3 It has been a pleasure wording with you Lav! Cannot wait to do so with Velk =)