• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I may have found what I am looking for [Solace]
    REAL SOLACE

Solace

. . .

With her swollen barrel, Solace no longer takes to the sky. Earthbound by the weight of two foals, she is most often found on the banks of the lake where the sun's warmth is not blocked by the branches of the bare trees. 

The twins grew rapidly, demanded most of her energy, and Solace is already daydreaming of the spring days to come. Now in the second half of her pregnancy, the Queen's once busy life had settled into something completely different than what it had been.  Wistfully, she thinks ahead to the days when she can return to her routine and watchful flights over the mountains.  Her cerulean feathers remain well groomed, arranged and plated together like armor, aching for use. 

She sighs as she looks out across the lake, wondering where would be a likely place to find Ilma. But the clip of a hoof on a stone causes her pale face to turn over her shoulder, and a delighted smile parts her lips. Kagerus had taken on the brunt of kingdom management, but she is relieved that she can do at least one useful thing today.

"Jesper, of course!" She replies to his question, taking several strides in the dark stallions direction. "Whats on your mind?" 

Relaxing her weight back into one hip, Solaces watched his fine features and quick eyes as she waits for his answer.  

@[Jesper]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I may have found what I am looking for [Solace] - by Solace - 05-24-2018, 01:17 PM