• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

But the earth refused to die; Nerine horses
    Nataliya liked spring. She liked the light green of the new leaves (not the dark green of summer, no, that was boring), the rain, and the temperature range. So it was with a smile on her face and a cheerful mood that she cantered into the field, not-quite-oblivious to the drama happening halfway across the continent in Sylva but refusing to let it ruin her mood.

As she entered the field, Nataliya whinnied loudly to announce her presence. "Hello," she called. "Anyone from Nerine here? I might be interested in moving there, but I'd like to know a little more about it first."
    The return to the field was like reliving a day dream. Every step she took seemed sluggish and dazed, her movements seemingly wanting to mirror the same path she had taken just over a year ago.  The only difference was the roaming eyes flickering across the plain with newfound interest.  Today she was doing the seeking,  not being sought out.  It was Scorch who had mentioned that the spotted mare could a hold a conversation well enough--perhaps she should see what she could do.

There is a bright call across the way and immediately the leopard mare's attention turns  towards it.  Without so much as anxious hesitation, Breckin approaches the mare quietly but with enough carrying sound that the other would know of her coming.  Stopping just shy of what would be an uncomfortable distance, she assesses the other woman in quiet regard, appreciating her boldness to call out so readily.

"Hello there. My name is Breckin and I hail from Nerine.  I heard your call and came to offer assistance. Is there anything in particular you would like to know about the Sisterhood?"

@[Nataliya]
    Almost immediately after her call, another mare approaches Nataliya. As soon as she sees the other mare's coat, she is fascinated. It looks like snow, but with little pieces of the night sky scattered all over it! Nataliya has to remind herself not to get distracted.

"Tell me about the horses there, please. Are they nice? Will they want to be friends with me?" And that's pretty much all that she wants to know. As long as she has friends, horses that she cares about, Nataliya can be happy.

@[Breckin]
    There's a smile upon her charcoal lips as the darkened mare proceeds to offer her inquiry of Nerine.  Eagerness seems to permeate the woman's eyes, wanting to know the possibilities of what the Sisterhood could be.  A swish of her tail flicks at her barrel as Breckin collects her thoughts for a response, thinking back to the a not so long ago when Scorch once described the kingdom to her for the first time.

"I've not met everyone there yet, as I am newer there, but I have no doubt there would be plenty there that would love to be your friend.  Allow me to explain Nerine a little more for you also.  The kingdom is composed mostly of mares, though stallions are residents as well.  Anyone who calls Nerine home is called a Leviathan and my friend Scorch is currently the Queen Regent.  We are based around the ideology of loyalty, comraderie, and servitude.  Servitude meaning you can choose a caste to be in such as War or Peace.  For example, I am part of the Peace cast, having chosen to be a diplomat.  But you could be a part of whatever you wanted to if you were considering calling Nerine home Miss....?," her voice trails off somewhat, realizing she never caught the other woman's name.

"But I can say for certain that you will have made at least one friend today," she says warmly, smiling once again at the bay mare.

@[Nataliya]

[OOC:Sorry definitely not my best but wanted to get something up.>.>]
    Nataliya's mind instinctively shies away from the word servitude, but she relaxes when Breckin explains it. They certainly could have chosen a better word for it, she thinks, flicking her tail. Then she realizes she never told Breckin her name, and she's mortified. "I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you my name! I'm Nataliya." The mare can feel her face heat up, and she's infinitely grateful that her dark coat hides her blush. 

"I'm glad we can be friends," Nataliya adds. "And Nerine sounds great. I'd like to live there - if that's okay?" Normally, she might have taken more time to consider her decision. But Nataliya has been thinking about moving there for a while now, and she likes Breckin. So she makes the decision without much more thinking.
    @[Breckin]
    The bay mare seems to be a bit flustered when she realizes that she had never formally introduced herself.  But she is quick to correct herself and offers Breckin a sincere apology, causing the leopard woman to smile even brighter.  Laughing a bit a the easy mistake, her eyes move to align with the other girl's, "It's nice to have officially met you, Nataliya.  There's no need to apologize.  I understand how it feels to be eager to get your questions answered."  Not so long ago, she had been on the opposite side of the conversation from where she stood now, asking any and all questions to anyone who would listen to her.  Actually, that hasn't changed.  She still had a curious mind and asking questions was really the only way to gain knowledge.  That and exposing yourself to any and all things that presented itself to you.

Breckin's ear flickers thoughtfully as Nataliya continues.  There had been an assumption that perhaps Nataliya was asking questions about Nerine, because it was the strongest contender in the running for places she wanted to live.  So when the mare asks if she may call the coastal kingdom home, there is no surprise felt, but excitement instead.  "I am glad we can be friends also and I am sure the kingdom of Nerine will be happy to have you!  Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the Sisterhood," her head bobs slightly in a nod before smiling warmly. "Let's go home, shall we?  I'm sure you would like to make more friends,"shifting her spotted frame, she turns toward the path to Nerine, turning back slightly to make sure Nataliya is following.

@[Nataliya]

[OOC:  You can respond to this if you want still, or if you wanted to we could leave it wrapped up and you can start a new thread in Nerine instead. It's up to you. Smile]