• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

WE BOTH LOST THE WAR • Svedka
    It's early morning when he awakes beneath a tangle of reddish-orange flamboyant branches. He isn't lucky enough to awake refreshed today (sleepiness clings to the corners of his emerald eyes and fogs his mind) and despite the splendor of Hyaline's sunrise, Smoak is feeling particularly cantankerous and disheveled. A long, low groan falls from his ajar maw as he his champagne body elongates, his right side pressed to the dewy earth as his limbs extend for full appreciation of his post-sleep stretch. A quiet sigh follows his groan and after a few more moments of an up-close view of the ground, Smoak rocks his bone-armored frame until he is standing groggily beneath the budding springtime trees.

He shakes his narrow thoroughbred body, ridding his coat of forest debris before moving away from his hidden nook with heavy, trudging hoof steps. The lakeside sanctuary is quiet this morning, save for a collection of birds who have just begun their more ritual, leaving Smoak to wonder how long he will have before he is joined by the other residents of Hyaline. A part of him aches to know them all, to find the things that make them laugh and smile just as he had enjoyed doing as a child in Tephra, but there is a piece of the bone-plated stallion that is holding him at a distance.

His mind wanders to his parents and then, almost reluctantly, to Solace and Kagerus. A frown involuntarily twitches across his mouth and Smoak shakes his golden head with frustration as he weaves through the vibrant trees until his hazel eyes catch a glimpse of blue in the distant forest. He nickers and tosses his forelock from his eyes before moving towards the flash of movement, quite surprised when the painted and blue individual he happens upon is not Solace, but her twin.

"Ved," he says in surprise and finally cracks a smile, "it's so good to see you again."

S M O A K
    here's a handshake, soldier, 'cause we both lost the war

@[Svedka]
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    He had been coming and going as of late, never really knowing where he is going until he wakes up in the morning and decides to move. A lot of his time has been spent in the riverlands, where many had been traveling with its tendency to continue to run fast and steadily despite winter’s freeze. His ventures there were quite productive, and he rather enjoyed the strangers he met along the way, even if they did not return with him. He’d see them again, he knew, because he believed it. Svedka had been heading towards the top of the mountainous valley and towards the river, set on finding the winged woman or the sea-maiden once again, but is stopped by a familiar voice that he had never truly forgotten.

He turns his head over his shoulder, a mischievous smile pulling on his pale lips. Suddenly he is brought back to days beneath the volcano, where a trio of foals played pretend, and formed a bond that would not easily be broken. Svedka wonders mildly to himself if Smoak had though he was someone else (it would not be the first time he had been mistaken for Solace, with their closely matching skin and unmistakable blue in their manes and tails), but the thought quickly dissipates as the bone-armored stallion - tall and lean and thin - comes to stand beside him.

Smoak is much taller than Svedka (the mustang runs deep in his blood), but the pale gold and white stallion does not allow that fact to bother him. He makes up for it in other ways, such as his inability to keep his thoughts to himself or his electric and contagious smile. “Smoak,” he replies in greeting, his cerulean gaze sparkling with mirth, “likewise, brother.” Svedka pauses, thinking for a moment, then deciding it is best not to think before speaking.

“I thought I was the only one Solace worried about disappearing into nothingness,” he tells Smoak, and though there is laughter in his voice, he cannot hide the shimmer of emotion that touches his eyes - he had missed his friend more than Smoak would probably be able to imagine.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Smoak]
    /chest bump but with tears in eyes
    It feels so good to be back home, despite the aching emptiness where his parents should be. The champagne stallion is hopeful, though, that some semblance of familiarity will do him good and help to get his mind off the state Dahmer and Ellyse could be in. He swallows hard. Svedka's mischievous smile is a warm beacon and he is pulled closer to it until he is nudging Solace's brother under his chin and grinning, his worries forgotten for a time.

Smoak recoils so that he can inspect his childhood friend and the way he has grown. "Do you have a lady yet?" he asks with mischievous laughter, quite certain that Svedka's time in the plains had effected his view on monogamy and, as always, Smoak loves a good story.

Svedka mentions Solace, causing Smoak's heart rate to spike. He smiles sheepishly then, chin down-turned to let his forelock fall over his bright hazel eyes. "I hadn't meant to be gone so long," he says good-naturedly, though there's a sadness in his tone. Smoak's lips twitch downward before he sighs and shakes the forelock from his face. "My parents have gone missing again. I was worried that it might be Carnage, but I haven't heard about any other disappearances." He continues quickly, pushing his thoughts out into the air so that he can get it over with and they can move back to more pleasant topics. "Your father is still in Tephra?" he inquires softly, knowing that Warrick had been abducted by Carnage and hoping that history would never repeat itself again.

His hazel eyes watch Svedka's closely and when finally he is satisfied that Warrick is still safely in Tephra, he releases a long, slow breath and nods. Forcing a small smile back onto his lips, Smoak tosses his champagne head towards the center of the territory, where the lake sits. "Walk with me and tell me what I missed with you and Solace while I was gone?"

S M O A K
    here's a handshake, soldier, 'cause we both lost the war

@[Svedka]
    ♥ Bro ♥
    the secret of our world is written in the stars
    “You really believe I have found just one?” His voice is full of laughter and roguishness, placated by the sparkling depths of his cerulean eyes. His mind, however, trickles to Ilma nearly immediately. There bond is something that Svedka cannot shake, and now whenever he thinks about leaving Hyaline, his worry does not only belong to Solace, but to the white-winged angel herself. Though his wanderings have left him with many faces in his mind (Kylin, Nymf, and even Embark), he has found that all of them have captured a part of his heart and mind, tucked away carefully into the recesses of his soul. Had he the capability, he is sure that the life of a solitary stallion with a herd would have easily fit his wandering lifestyle and capability to love so easily and fiercely. He smiles, nudging at his friend’s breastplate that is merely white bone. “Whenever you meet her, however,” he admits with sparkling eyes, “Ilma is off limits. I’d hate to compete with you.” Svedka pins his ears, feigning hostility with his truest friend, nipping him playfully on his shoulder. 

There is something about being with Smoak that creates a sort of mischievous air about Svedka. Being one of the only males in Hyaline had its perks (one that he rather enjoyed, being the wild lover that he is), but now is only reminded of his youth and how close he had been with the bone-armored stallion, and how that his constant presence here would simply enthrall him. He wouldn’t push the idea, however, for the painted stallion knew how much it meant to Smoak to find his parents - a frown creases his pale lips as he remembers Ellyse and Dahmer, two who were very much like family to Svedka himself. “I will go with you,” he tells Smoak, his voice now deeper and full of solemnity, his cerulean eyes dimming with seriousness. “You do not have to go alone next time.”

But Smoak is quick to change the subject (something both him and his sister have in common) and Svedka finds his common lopsided and charming smile gracefully falling across his rose-colored lips. “Yes, he is.” Svedka knows his father misses Dahmer and Ellyse as much as their own son does, as the Tephran king had been extremely close to both of them. 

Walk with me.

So he obliges, moving through the familiar land of Hyaline with a muscle memory that allows Svedka to barely think about his next step as they walk. Smoak casually brings up Solace, and Svedka’s sturdy gaze falls onto his friend’s with a swelling of concern, watching his face for any signs of disappointment. He remembers vividly Solace’s own confession to Svedka long ago - where she had been convinced that her crown and her desire for love could not go hand in hand, and that Smoak had been the target of her affection. The milk-and-honey stallion swallows hard, looking up to the wind-scrubbed sky above them as a soft spring wind filters through the valley, twisting the feathers behind his ear. He furrows his brow, deciding not to pretend that Smoak is not aware of his sister’s relationship. 

“Ischia and Nerine are the brotherhood and sisterhood of old, now. Tephra remains unchanged, and Loess is looking as if it is under the influence of the darkness in Sylva.” He pauses, turning to Smoak curiously, wondering if he had heard of the kingdom that his parents’ once ruled. “Kagerus came and everything changed - quickly.” He pauses, searching for the right words. Kagerus was a whirlwind, a force to be reckoned with, and extremely unexpected. Perhaps that is why Solace had fell for her so quickly (Svedka almost did, too). “I’m an uncle now, too. She is happy, though. They both are.” Svedka’s eyes flicker to Smoak, a soft huff leaving his lips. “Will that be good enough for you, though?” He asks his friend gently, nosing his jawline with the velvet of his muzzle.
    (be my escape)
    Svedka

@[Smoak]
    here's a novel,
    my bad.
    <3