• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

turn it inside out [Arthas]
    Honestly what had I gotten myself into now.

A march of despair, a pilgremmage of pain, a walk of shame.  How incredibly torturous, and not in the good way, I think to myself as I trek out of my beloved vibrant embrace.  Luckily I don’t have to travel far to reach my destination today, unluckily for me, it’s not in Sylva.  I’ve got a goal today, to test my diplomatic mannerisms and meet the allied King of Loess.  Beyond saying hello, I really have no idea where to go from there.  But we shall see.  We shall see.

By torturous I mean, literally.  I am trying my hardest to work out the wildling nature I tend to harbor as I journey along the brim of the mountain range.  Urging my odd smiling musculature to diminish to something more demure, regal even.  It’s so unlike me, I’m quite sure I just heard a tendon snap from holding this lady-like expression for so long.  But I don’t dare falter just yet, she forbade me.  She’s giving me the chance to hold the façade on my own for the time being and I am ever so gracious.

At last satisfied that I’m well within the boundaries of Loess, I come to a halt.  I don’t dare so much as whicker out of fear that I’ll lose the grasp on my tamed smile; they’ll just have to sniff me out.  And here I stand, the epitome of diplomatic grace, save for that uncontrollable, minor twitch of my right eye from straining so hard.  I settle into my stance further, and Haide sighs.  Apparently I’m a work in progress.

@[Arthas]
    Arthas
    It had been a quiet week in Loess, perhaps it was because that bastard Leilan escaped. As annoyed as he was with the successful escape, he could not help but feel at peace without having the stallion lurking around the corner. Always popping in on his conversations, the stag was great company but his loyalty to Ischia was too strong.

The scent of a mare lingered through his nares and he hoped it would be Despayr returning with there child, although the scent of Sylva follower after. His ears still perked with interest, this is the first Sylvan member who has lingered into Loess, he was curious who it was. He draws himself closer to the scent, they remained silent, perhaps hoping to remain hidden? It was not long before the lanky buckskin was in his view.

He stops a few paces from her and dips his head slightly in greeting Hello . She stood regal, as if she held a high stature in Sylva, but he did not know of any Queen for there kingdom. My name is Arthas, and you are? He did not give his title, he did not feel the need to with his alliance kingdom. What brings you to Loess today? his voice is gentle, and he gazes about the mountains that are scattered, the shallow breeze that whistles every now and then, slowly lingering his gaze back to the buckskin.
    Dangerous Business

@[Jackel]
    jackel
    The sands of time trickle by, the shadows growing longer with every blink.  I am left with little else to do but delve into my thoughts.  Swirling wisps part and distort while I recede further into the walls of my hallowed prison.  It's quite the cozy place once you get used to it and you never know exactly what you are going to happen upon as you traverse the well-worn paths.  I've only just begun to settle in, when the ground lurches beneath me.  Someone is coming near, and I stumble over my own thoughts.  Haide sees the opportunity, and honestly I do little to fight her on this one; diplomacy is not something I am well ready to handle at the moment.  Perhaps watching will do me well.

A clouded grey stallion approaches, his steps are proud and purposeful.  The strained smile I wear fades to one much more relaxed, and the nervous ticking of my eye subsides as my muscles loosen.  Drawing my golden head higher as his pace slows to stand nearby, dark eyes assessing him as he responds to her awaiting presence.  "King Arthas," I say, dipping my head into a minute nod of acknowledgement, "I am Jackel, a Sylvan diplomat."  Actually it's Jacquelina Marie Predatora Veldetta Hyena, but he doesn't need to know all that, an echoing impish voice giggles somewhere in my head.  But I manage to ignore the minor distraction.

Proceeding as though I have no inner turmoil, "I've come to discover Loess for myself.  I do not believe anyone other than my king or perhaps his sister has come to introduce themselves." And I just cannot help what I do next; some habits are just unbreakable, though the degree to which I do them differs greatly from their usual magnitude. Taking a step nearer, my demure smile swelling into one more brazen in nature, "And well, I was curious to see what your kingdom had to offer nowadays." I purposely don't specify what I want to know, leaving it open for interpretation, as my head tilts modestly to the side in lingering curiosity.

all this joy, I've got some to share
    devin's∇designs

@[Arthas]
    Arthas

Her body feel from a state of tension to relaxation, causing a warm smile to grow on his maw. It was interesting that she was the next member of Sylva to linger over to Loess. Who knows perhaps Marty has not even told the kingdom members of the alliance terms. Arthas knows that Taria is really the only Loess member who travels to Sylva, I guess they just like to remain in there own kingdoms after all.

She speaks his name, dipping his head and he gives a small nod in return. Jackel he says her name a few times in his head, engraving it to memory. A pretty name for a pretty mare what a corny statement, the scent of Sylva filled his nares and all he could think about was Lepis. How was he? He wondered what she was doing, did she make any friends? Was she ready to come back to Loess?

He pushes her from his mind giving Jackel his full attention when she speaks again. I've come to discover Loess myself she announces, noting that only a few Sylvan members have visited. He nods his head I see, well you are always welcome to linger the kingdom as you please. His head moves, scanning the horizon. He looks around the open field, mountains scattered here and there, his head stops when his gaze is on Jackel once again. Anything specifically you want to see? I could accompany you. He smiles awaiting a response, perhaps she didn't even want his company.

Dangerous Business

@[Jackel]