• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

A Sanctuary You Say- Any
    Kagerus!

My name comes clearly across the basin of the lake, echoing as if the land itself is intent on the message befalling my ears. Frightened by its urgent tone, I immediately abandon the task at hand - that being nesting, even though it's Solace's rightful duty. Up in our little nook on the mountainside, I've been gathering soft things for her to lay on when the time comes, though god knows that labor could strike her anywhere. Still, it helps me stay calm.

Skittering as quickly as I can down the mountain, I hit the level ground at a flat gallop, ears twitching every which way in search of the caller. As Queen Consort, I am becoming adjusted to the amount that I am called upon on a day to day basis; but this wasn't just some laid back conversation to have. This was serious.

I come upon them quickly, and it's like someone went in my chest and deflated my lungs. A tiny child, malnourished and dirty, trembles at the hooves of my valiant Guard; Baltas, good Baltas. As worry creases my pretty face, I step closer to the pair. "Thank you for calling me," I murmur to the alabaster stallion, pressing my muzzle to his shoulder as I gather my scattered thoughts.

"We will take care of you," I murmur to the child as I turn to face him. Leaning down, I begin grooming the small child, calling my powers to the ready so that I may fill his belly when he begins to drift away. "I'm Kagerus, but you can call me whatever you'd like, okay sweetheart?"

(So you can love and mother this strange child, but you can't even look at your own son without gagging? What a joke.)
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    A Sanctuary You Say- Any - by Kanamae - 05-19-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: A Sanctuary You Say- Any - by Baltas - 05-20-2018, 12:17 PM
    RE: A Sanctuary You Say- Any - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 05:46 PM
    RE: A Sanctuary You Say- Any - by Kanamae - 05-28-2018, 07:57 PM
    RE: A Sanctuary You Say- Any - by Baltas - 05-31-2018, 07:36 PM