• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

At the edge of the water || Klaudius
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

She dreamt of him. The lavender sheen of his coat filling her mind as she watching him flying towards her. In the dream they were upon the beach once more and as he landed she could feel the warmth of summer upon her coat. He chose her, she knew without him speaking a word. Their brief moment of passion didnt have to end and as he pressed kisses to her cheek a sharp pain broke the quiet of their reunion. Flinching away from him she traced the sensation as it faded towards the center of her belly. Just as she prepared to exhale another stole her breath away.

Her eyes shot open and she grit her teeth against the ever intensifying pain, cursing her weakness. The pain wasn't a surprise to her, it was the intensity from which it grown that frightened her. Mustering up her strength she rose to her feet, trembling as she waited for her tense belly to slowly relax. Yesterday morning had been when she'd first notice the, then, low thrum within her abdomen. Her insides writhed and wriggled against her skin and she knew, somehow, that she had to find him. Narrowly escaping the clutches of her island home she'd traveled all day, stopping only when they pain made moving an impossibility. It was as the sun slowly sank behind the volcanic land of Tephra that she'd finally succumbed to her exhaustion. Surely she was dying.

Awaking now to pain far worse than before she begged her body to continue forward. She had to find him - to see him one last time. Stepping forward her legs crumpled under her as the pain grabbed hold of her once again. Gasping for air she struggled against her bodies uncanny urge to push. She closed her eyes and moaned through her teeth as she fought against the giant mass as it pushed herself free from her body. Pain stronger than any she'd felt tore through and she screamed towards the sky.

"Klaudius!"

There is one final struggle before the breathtaking release. Blood poured from her opening and its sticky warmth covers her legs and tail. Flicking it away her sides move quickly up and down and her heart pounds in her ears as loud as thunder. Afraid to look the exhausted mate lifted her head, peering over her side. Immediately she is filled with disbelief at the sight of the tiny wet creature crumbled in the ash stained grass. The filly is a picture of herself. An appaloosa bay their only discerning differences were their purple spots. Hers were a familiar shade of lavender. Stunned to silence she set to cleaning her unexpected child, clearing away the sticky membrane allowing the foal to take her first raspy breaths. She appeared almost as exhausted as Mosrael.

Completed with her task of cleaning the filly, Mosrael stood, shaking herself free of the signs of birth. Glancing back towards her daughter she watched as she righted herself, lying still with her eyes closed - gathering her strength before her first attempt to stand. As she watched the pain returned just as I sense as before. Mosrael closed her eyes and assured herself that it was merely the afterbirth and, this time, she pushed alongside her body's urging to.

It is over just as quickly as before and another mass lands with a startlingly large thud. Surprised once more Mosrael jumped away in shock as she spotted an even smaller filly crumpled into the grass. Bay as well, this fully donned a purple mane and take with no spots to decorate the bblanket of white upon her rear.

"Two?!" she gasped before she set to cleaning them. 

@[Klaudius] @[Kove] I'll post Ketzia after K responds. Also, I hope this doesnt stuck to bad...

He had nearly just returned from Ischia.  Having seen the bay mare on the beaches, pregnant.  Giving it not much more though about it, he went about his days.  Trying to convince Kylin to move to Tephra and patrolling the borders kept him busy enough.  Finding his daughter had been stolen to the isle kingdom as well, irked him in just the slightest... Call it revenge maybe.  It was Brennens' problem now... 

KLAUDIUS! 

Fuck! He knows that voice.  All to well and apparently he now has a stalker. Rightfully so, he was magical, but this was taking it one step too far...  He lowers himself to the volcanic soil to find the mare having given birth right in his homeland. Fuck! The bay is drenched in sweat and the larger of the two foals(yes, twins..shocker) looks nearly identical to its mother.  He can't help but smile at the little one.  His heart was just too weak to resist babies.  Especially ones with purple and just like her mother it has a blanket of purple spots.  His face turns slightly to view the other foal, finding it having tuffs of lilac mane and tail.  Precious! Two daughters.  

His thoughts turn to the issue at hand.  Quickly he straightens and addresses the mare, "You shouldn't be here..."  His eyes look hard at Mosrael, "Does your father know about this?"  His brain tells him to make them return to where they had come from, but his heart wishes for them to stay.  Having never turned away his offspring, he wasn't about to start now...

Klaudius
    I was lightning, before the thunder

@[Mosrael] What if Kove went to Ischia with Mos and Ketzia stayed with K?  For threading purposes... Or they both stay or go?  Or Mos stays as eternal groupie Wink  Cast out of the brotherhood for betraying the code... Dont sleep with purple devils XD
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

Morning was almost in full bloom when Mosrael had finished her task of cleaning her two frail daughters. Staring down at them her disbelief continued to swirl within her. Somehow, she’d know, she thinks as she watches her first born’s first attempt at standing. She’d felt them moving within her, she’d seen their growth reflected upon the gradual swelling of her body. But he had broken her heart and she’d forced all thoughts of such things out of her head. She’d wanted things to return to the way that they’d been before they’d met upon the beach, but now such things were impossible.

The sound of wings against the air breaks the silence and Mosrael forces her gaze to remain planted upon the largest of the two foals as she stood upon wobbly legs. She allows him a moment to take in the scene, her body stiff with contention as she awaited the sound of his voice. Resentment swirls between them as he draws closer, his shock evident in his silence. Despite their misgivings, however, she could feel his affection towards his children.

There were several roads ahead of her and the one that attracted her the most required an act of great bravery on her part. Staring down at the two fragile creatures crumpled in the grass she knew that she could not be the mother that they deserved. Throughout her life she’d never been the nurturing type. She found herself disgusted by the fragility of new life, and those feelings did not change at the sight of her own children. They would be better off without her.

Klaudius’ voice broke the intensity of her thoughts and it was only then that she turned to place her cold eyes upon him. His words were not welcoming and she felt her broken insides shatter even more.

“No,” she answered brusquely. “And he never will.”

She doesn’t wait to see the confusion in his eyes as she peeled herself away from her helpless children, her eyes planted firmly upon the path that would carry her home. She glanced at him one more before she walked casually away, not sparing a departing glance.

@[Klaudius] In case it isn't clear she is abandoning the twins with him. She isn't mother material. I hope this is okay, this twist kind of surprised me...

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    The world was cold and bright and unfamiliar. Blinking her silver and violet eyes open she strained against the fogginess of her vision. The hard-packed earth beneath her was so unlike the soft warmth of the world she’d previously known. The space around her was uncomfortably empty, void of the familiar touch of her sister she felt a panic begin to rise up from the depths of her. Then, there is the touch of another upon her skin as a rough tongue pulled the sticky membrane from the wet down of her baby fur. The scent is familiar, and she leans into the not-so-gentle caress. Mother…

Blinking her eyes open she can barely make out the towering figure of her mother as she moved away from her. Wait! Her insides screamed as her legs trembled with the anticipation of movement. Don’t go!

Helplessly she flails in the musty smelling grass, sneezing as flakes of gray particles find their way into the soft of her nose. The air is thick here, she notes, and warmth lingered on the edge of the cooling breeze. Far in the distance she could barely discern the glowing red tipped mountain, her eyes drinking in the beauty of it.

A pain in her tummy distracts her and she tears her gaze away from the hypnotic glow to stare incredulously at the offense. Licking her lips, she pinned determined violet and silver eyes onto her long spindly legs, silently willing them to do her bidding. Clumsily, they found their place beneath her, her hooves tearing into the earth for balance. Her back legs, however, were not as cooperative and she bit her lower lips as she attempted to untangle them. With legs sprawled out beneath her she looked back towards her mother, a victorious smile upon her face. The expression quickly faded as she quickly spotted the familiar shape of her sister laying amidst the bed of coarse grass.

Hey, she wanted to say. Be careful with her!

But her mother did hear her, and she set to cleaning her sister with the same amount of rough affection she’d shown towards her firstborn. More determined than ever, she deftly lifted her first hoof. As she lowered it to the ground, however, she found her betraying limb incapable of supporting her weight and she fell to the ground once more.

She pouted prettily, exhaling with disappointment. Before she could attempt a second time another figure descended from the sky. Mesmerized she watched as the feathered stranger cast his eyes upon them, his eyes softening at the sight of them. Papa.

Biting her lips once more she gathered herself once more and lifted herself to her feet, smiling triumphantly at her parents the expression quickly faded as she watched her mother leave. Panic filled her. Wait! Panicked she moved too quickly, her legs tangling themselves once more, sending her headfirst into the grass. Tears filled her eyes as pain shot through her nose. Through tear blurred eyes she looked up towards her father, looking for comfort.

“P – papa…?”

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?

@[Kove]

His rigged stance is met with equal hostility of the bay mare.  He is slightly taken aback, as she hadn't been so forward when they had first met.  Obviously then he had been more smooth with his words, as the foals at his feet prove this.  When Mosrael speaks her tone is almost heartless.  His head tips to the side as he watches in confusion as she begins to turn away from them.  Quick to leave her own flesh and blood laying upon the cold earth.  Helpless and hungry.

He wants to chase after her.  Demanding she stays and deals with their offspring, but her mind is clearly made as she continues on with no more than a quick glance.  He remains unmoved, even as the fillies begin to stir again.  They struggle to find their footing.  Too young to chase after their departing parental figure.  It was a shame and he took pity upon them.  His head lowers to brush along their still damp coats.  Silver eyes examining them as his nares breath in their scents and put them to memory.  Looking them over his attention falls upon the larger filly.  An identical replication of her mother.  She is quick to rise but un-use causes her to collapse.  There is a strength about her, evident in her determination.  A strong personality deserved an even stronger name, "Ketzia." He whispers to her as she looks to him after falling the second time.  Weak words come from the tiny form but his heart immediately melts for the lavender speckled girl. "Yes baby, Papa," he replies.  His great wings lay loosely at his sides, draping protectively around them.

Silver eyes then find the smaller of the foals sitting upright.  Ears twisting within lilac fluffs of mane, trying to figure out what to do next.  Their is a softness about the one.  An inquisitiveness as she observes her world.  Reaching his muzzle to her, his lips press into her neck encouragingly.  A foal deserving of an equally endearing name.  A moment passes as he thinks of the sea shores and the small inlays of trapped waters along them.  He smiles at the name that comes to mind, "Kove," he whispers softly to her.  "My sweet baby girls," he says aloud.  His head rising to look to where Mosrael had headed...

The mares form is but a speck on the horizon.  Saddened by the realization that the girls would perish quickly without the nutrition of their mother, he wonders if he should fly after her.  Beg her to stay.  He couldn't find the courage though. Not yet.  The memory of moments ago fresh in his mind, her hardened gaze upon him.  She hated him.  Hated him enough to let the twins she bore starve to death.  It sickened him to think he had caused this.  That his children would die if he didn't do something and quickly... 

"MOSRAEL!"  His voice is deep and carries great distances.  If she would just stop.  Just look once again, he'd know if she was set on leaving or if he had a chance, they, had a chance... 

Klaudius

@[Mosrael]
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

She is glad to see Tephra behind her. The confused commotion of her journey there had left little time for her to admire the towering volcanic mountain. The land was too ashy – almost unkind. It was a fitting place to abandon pieces of herself she’d never wanted to begin with. He is stunned, quiet, as his eyes study his new charges. Defenseless and cold the two fillies set themselves to their new task of figuring out their limbs. Still, Mosrael’s pace never faltered. It’s his voice, however, as it cuts through the still of the early morning – harsh and cold and demanding – that freezes her movements and sets her teeth on edge. He wanted her to stop, she knows, and she considers returning to him. Growling deep in her throat she turns around to face him, her feet carrying her quickly back to the place of her struggle.

They are still there, standing now, their eyes brightening simultaneously at the sight of her. She is numb to it. Coldly, she casts her eyes back upon the lavender stallion wishing so desperately that she had never met him there upon the sandy beaches of her island home. It was all too quickly and things that she’d never considered had begun to awaken inside of her. She wanted those pieces of herself back, for things to return to the way that they had been before his soft touches had distracted her.

For months the memory of him had filled her every waking moment. She’d longed for him until the moment she’d stumbled upon him in the very spot that they had first met. Her heart had swelled and broke all at once as she stood by helplessly as he embraced another, completely apathetic towards her. It was in that moment that she’d seen him for what he truly had been.

An opportunist.

What he hadn’t realized in that moment was that she would have followed him anywhere. She would have given up everything for him. Could he say the same for the fish winged mare he’d met that night?

Mosrael knew the answer to her own question. Since that fateful night she had seen that same mare several times upon Ischia, beaming proudly among the other mares as she daydreamed about the child she carried. She did not leave for Klaudius – clearly, she did not love him enough.

“Where is your girlfriend?” she asked with an unpleasant bite to her tone. 

@[Klaudius] Sorry. Not sorry.
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

There is darkness that blinds me inside this warm place.  I feel movement always alongside me.  It is a part of me but separate.  I know only its embrace until now.  Now when everything is pressing me to the sides of my confinement.  Forcing me to move in a direction I am unsure of.  For a moment, my other half has left me all alone.  Until suddenly it is my time.  My time to leave this place and be alongside my sibling once more...

It is bright out here.  Cold and strange.  My vision is blurred and a rough brushing causes me to squirm.  I sit myself up and flick my ears back and forth.  Bendy things dance around my body,  dark and long.  What is that?! I question.  Do I run?  What is run anyhow?... I'm so confused.  My snipped face turns as more bendy things move about.  These ones lighter and the color of flowers(if I even know what those are).  Suddenly there are bellowed noises...words.  I knew not what they meant or who they were directed towards, but they sounded unfriendly.  I panick slightly, wanting to rise but I wait.  Maybe if I stay still it won't see me...

Then it touches me!  A gentle nudge and I've had enough.  I stagger forwards, nearly lunging but my limbs do not follow and I flop back onto my other side.  My head lifts and I see stuff more clearly.  There is a smallish dark thing and a biggish purple thing.  Its face near mine and it speaks again... Kove?! Whats a Kove? Am I a Kove?  So many questions I have but I grow tired.  My eyes begin to flutter closed, only to snap open as someone yells.  The dark things are back and they seem angrier now.  Lavender hued eyes widen as I shoot forwards again.  Adrenaline fuels the strength I need to remain upright.  Once on the stilts, I remain frozen.  Limbs staggered and stiff.  

Time passes slowly as I work up the courage to try this 'walking' thing.  Snipped muzzle dips between my fore limbs to inspect the ground on which I stand.  It seems solid and able to cross over.  One hoof lifts and then another.  My vision soon showing me more details.  I look about to find my sister gazing at me.  I know this is her.  I have lived with her for nearly a year before this day.  A warming in my heart causes a smile to find my dark lips.  I pay no mind to the others around us... 

@[Ketzia]

Gaze intensely looks far beyond their normal scope.  Partially squinting to account for the distance.  He has small hope that she will turn, or even pause.  How could he blame her?  He has clearly loved another, but he loves so many.  It is just his way.  Love should not be restricted.  His love for Kylin may be their blood connection but he wanted so bad to believe it was more.  Slowly he was realizing that perhaps she couldn't love him solely.  That her love was also unrestricted.  Flowing freely to many.  Maybe not in a physical way, as much as his has been, but he had seen evidence of it.  The way she had touched the Kelpie King that one afternoon reminded him that he was not the first she had given a piece of her heart to.  Probably not the last either...

It was the arrival of him at her side on the western isles that he had tasted the scent of the scaled beast upon her once again.  Ivars' return was as apparent on her lavender flesh, as the sweat from birthing their child.  The child was purple and breathtaking, just like her mother.  Just like him.  He wished so badly that she had agreed to return to Tephra with him, but wishing was for the stars that had not appeared that eve.  Again he had to leave them.  Kylin had her family she had always wished for.  A special place within his heart would remain hers and another their daughters, Kyveli...

That is when he had come back, to find the bay mare giving birth to twins.  Precious girls.  That is also when she is leaving them and he is calling her name.  Commanding desperation floating upon the air between them.  Then he sees the hesitation.  Her turning and marching with scouring eyes.  He deserved that didn't he?  Though the threatening posture would usually cause him to back off, this time he stands his ground.  Firmly, hooves planted beside their children.  He didn't want to believe she would cause them harm out of spite, but she was threatening to starve them...

Venom laced words are spat in his face.  The smallest filly jolts up out of fright at the harsh tones.  Lavender ears lay back upon his poll as his silver gaze meets hers.  The wings at his sides shift in anticipation of what may come next.  Finding his voice he attempts a cool demeanor even still, "She is not mine..."  The words stab him like a dagger in the heart.  Deep down he thinks he has known it all along.  It feels good to say though.  To hear the very words he has only been able to keep inside. The reality causes his eyes to soften in sadness.  Has he really given up?   

Klaudius

@[Mosrael] he has a moment of reflection which includes Ky birthing thread in case that's not clear

And if the stars aligned, would it be you and I?
    Ketzia
    Everything was happening too quickly. The one called papa doesn’t flee from her like the one who’d carried her had. He stays close to her, his eyes warm as they find her standing there confused and alone. Ash clung to her sticky wet baby fur causing her to feel heavy and unpleasant. Papa edged closer, his great wings enveloping her in a warming embrace. Instantly the touch of his feathers tickled and comforted and she leaned into the feel of him. Somehow, wrapped in the calm of him she felt at peace – assured that everything would be okay. Lovingly he bestowed upon them names, and she bristled with pride at the sound of hers. Ketzia. Instantly she is strengthened by it. His attention, however, shifts and she feels him orient himself towards her little sister, Kove he quickly calls her. He is fond of them, that truth is evident upon his softly spoken words.

Contentment passes, however, as he is again on the move – this time away from them. Panic rises up in her as she watches him take several steps in the direction that their mother had disappeared. She wanted to follow him, knowing that she could never survive alone.

Determination creased her brow as she studied the pale grass at her feet. Thus far she’d maintained her upright position and she felt that her legs had warmed to their task. With her tongue slightly peeked out the corner of her mouth she bade her first hoof to lift tentatively off the ground. Testing their sturdiness, she found her previously uncooperative limbs focused and ready. Proudly she took her first step, followed by the next, then the next until she was trotting clumsily past her sister. Proudly, Ketzia cocks her tail and lifts her head – pleased at all she had managed to accomplish.

She wanted Kove to join her.

Encouragingly the filly wobbled to her sister’s side and, in an attempt to hopefully push her forward, nuzzled her much smaller sister’s shoulder.

Or would you bid me a celestial goodbye?
    Mosrael
    i'm way too
    good at goodbyes

The fillies were moving now, growing in confidence with every passing moment. Mosrael’s eyes catch upon the sight of her first born. She imagined that the filly looked much like she did when she’d just been born, only her purple spots were more akin to her father’s shade of lavender. Still, there was no denying that the eldest belonged to her. She carried the classic look of Galilee, her grandmother. The smaller filly, however, could easily pass as any mare’s child. Although an appaloosa, like herself, she had no spots upon her snowcapped blanket and her mane matched her father’s coat almost perfectly. She was a beautiful rarity and, for a moment Mosrael found herself stunned that she could produce something so utterly perfect.

Continuously guiltless, Mosrael’s eyes snapped back upon Klaudius – only to find his eyes far away. Studiously, she searches them hoping to find some truth buried deep within his irises. He wants her there, she does not doubt that, but why? Was it because she was convenient? Without her, keeping the foals alive would become a struggle. He would have to find a wet-nurse, someone willing to provide nutrition to them. Perhaps he could set another of his whores to the task? It was no worry of hers, she knew how their conversation would end. Anything less would label her as a weakling.

When she speaks a thrill of satisfaction runs through her. She is not mine…

”So what am I to you?” She demands bitterly. ”I will not be someone’s second choice. Not even yours, Klaudius.”

The defeat in his eyes is tangible and the force of its truth stings deep within her. He did not want her, she’d already known that. She was nothing to him but another notch in his belt and she was disgusted with herself. Yes, leaving would be easier than the life of constant denial. She saw him for what he was and she did not want him.  

@[Klaudius]