• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    Their island had been quiet when Ivar had returned, and his call had echoed across the empty land without a response. They were off swimming, he had assumed, yet when dawn broke he was still alone. Ivar had circled the island and the waters around it, finding neither his family nor any clues to their whereabouts. Isobell was close to birthing, a dangerous time for a mare alone, and while Lothbrok was a brave boy, he was still just a boy.

The scaled kelpie destroyed each shark in a thirty mile radius, but found no bones within them (he was both relieved and disappointed with each failure). One day, then one week. He cannot find them. There is nowhere to expend his energy, no children to feed, no mate to keep him away from the occupied lands.

He’s not had a conscious thought in weeks by the time he emerges on the beach of the main island; he operates on instinct alone. @[Kylin] is here, he knows; she will fix it. He is not sure how, but the kelpie’s memories of her are always pleasant.

She will fix this.

She must.

The handsome creature stalks the shallows, waiting until the piebald mare is alone and the sun is barely visible in the western sky. He shakes the tangled web of his mane away as he wades toward her, and rests his pale muzzle on the point of her withers without a word.

”Kylin,” he says, barely aware of the promise he had made her those years ago to never use his hypnotism against her yet still deeply regretting it. ”I’ve missed you.” His chest brushes against her swollen barrel, and while he’d been enraged at its existence the last time he had seen it, tonight it reminds the kelpie of the children that he cannot find and the missing mate who carried them.

The scaled creature is gentle as his cool muzzle slides from her shoulder to her belly and back again, tracing the edges of her familiar tobiano pattern as he inhales her calming scent and the soothing lapping of water against his dark legs.

ooc: i have no idea where this came from so…i hope you enjoy it Tongue

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM