• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    The way she leans into him is familiar, and he realizes as he shifts to wrap his neck across her that he had misremembered  the exact sensation. She feels like his youth, when life was simpler. Her presence dulls the perpetual call to hunt that he has heard since entering adulthood. It stirs something else too, something that growls at the child stirring within her, that inexplicable sense of possession that he has felt since his first visit to Ischia.

It is different than with Isobell, who has belonged to him even when he did not know it, and while he does not regret a single day with his spirited woman, he knows that is was his time with her that has allowed Kylin to slip away as far as she has. So far away that she'd sought out another man, and the growling in his chest grows louder at th reminder.

He soothes it with another carress to her ivory skin, and he traces the dip of her spine with teeth still stained blood red. She tells him she has missed him and he sighs, pausing his touches to press his cheek against hers. "Say that again, if you must." Ivar tells her as he places a kiss on her cheek. "Because it will be the last time you have to say it."

There is no reason why this time should be any different than the other times; Ivar has always left Kylin.

Each time he has returned, but this time, as he draws away to get a better look at her face made more lovely by the moonlight, he knows that this time he means it. When he finds Isobell - and he will it is surely just a matter of time - they will stay here. Any impediment the Brotherhood might offer is as inconsequential as the sire of the child Kylin carries. She will be his now, as she always should have been.

How has he been? She asks, and he smiles despite the past week, tucking her close again. "I've been better," he tells her honestly, "But it is better, now." Ivar had known she would fix it. "And you?"

@[Kylin]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 05:35 PM