• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    She is unable to resist, unable to not lean into his touch. Ivar had never failed to make her feel like she matters, well, when he is around that is. His disappearance, like Kharon’s, and Klaudius’, had left her doubting herself. But he is here now. And she wills herself to believe that that is what matters. A deep breath, and a light rub of her cheek against his neck, is what it takes to will the tears to stop. The smile Kylin offers him is weak, but she finds herself nodding nonetheless. Ivar had never made her felt unguarded, but really, was there something to guard her from?

Ischia is perfectly safe. With the only other habitants being parrots, there are no predators that form a danger to the equine that have settled themselves on the island. But perhaps he is referring to her own destructive nature. Kylin leans into his touch with a soft sigh, relaxing and finding comfort in his presence. Just for a moment she will let herself believe that all is good and well, and ignore her aching heart.

Except that Ivar does not allow her. Surprisingly he seems to get back to the subject he has previously dismissed. “Too much..” she repeats, but in all reality, is it really too much? Ischia is still the same, her loyalty hadn’t changed, even with the change of leadership. “I’m such a mess..” she instead murmurs, shaking her head as in slight disbelief. “Such a fool..” To think that happiness left her, while she could’ve pursued happiness herself. Nonetheless, Kylin finds herself pressing her swollen form closer against Ivar, her muzzle resting against his neck.

“Why didn’t you stay.. for me?” Through those words she is not only addressing Ivar. Kharon, and Klaudius too, as well as everyone else that has left. “Was I wrong, to stay?”

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Kylin - 05-22-2018, 01:58 PM