• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    She does not know of Isobell, and their children, if she had, she would’ve politely asked about their wellbeing. Family is a subject they have rarely discussed, except for the one time Ivar had told her about his parents. She sees no point in bringing them up, they are both adults now and Kylin remembers him not being too keen on the subject. Instead she follows his example. Ivar had always lived in the now, not the past, nor the future, but now. Less complicated, it seems, and right now, that is what Kylin longs for.

It comes in the way he touches her. Her sides are warm where their bodies touch, even though scales cover his body, but her attention lies there where his muzzle trails. Down her crest, and from there, he is trailing her side. She does not pay mind to the fact that he hovers over a side that is round with child. But how can she, as her mind is busy progressing his words.

She does not know what she had wanted to hear him say. That she should have left? That is a fool to stay. Klaudius surely did seem to think so. But likewise, she thinks he is a fool to leave. Yet Ivar seems so sure. Kylin bends her neck so her tear filled eyes can search his gaze, but before she speaks, she first has to swallow the dry lump in her throat. “Really..?” Her voice is soft as she asks, weak even, with a slight tremble. Before he had thought different, what had him change his mind? If she only knew..

Surprisingly, his next words make her giggle slightly, and she shakes her head as she tries to fight the smile that tugs on the corners of her lips. With the tears still shimmering in her eyes, it must be a silly sight. “Told you so” Kylin cannot help but say, reaching out to playfully lip at the corner of his mouth.

But as easily as he had made her smile, he is also able to remove it from her face. Teeth sink into her lower lip and her gaze, after looking at him for a while longer, is out on the horizon again. Only a faint orange glow was left of the day. “No” she says a little too quick. Her heart having skipped a beat and her insides uneasy clenching. “No please.. Don’t tease me.. I.. I love him..” But honestly, so does she love Ivar too. She doesn’t know since when exactly, but something had drawn her to him, always. Trying to keep the tears at bay, Kylin shakes her head and forces herself to breathe calmly. Just one deep breath after the other. “I.. He left.. He didn’t want to stay, when Brennen took over. One night, he asked, he promised, and.. I agreed.. I was his.. But..” she does not finish, and instead leans against Ivar more firmly, her fins twitching lightly at his touch.

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Kylin - 05-22-2018, 04:25 PM