• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    Her flustered shout is not an unexpected reaction to his suggestive touch, and Ivar’s smile breaks into an open grin. For all their physical affection, Kylin still startles easily at the implication of something more. It is easy to fall into their old habits, teasing and playful and never serious, and Ivar playfully nips at her hip as he moves through the water.

“You’d like it too much,” he teases as they wade into shallower water. “You’d never step hoof on dry land again.”

She’d never step anywhere again, truly. Still, as sea slips away behind him, the hunger quiets. The piebald kelpie makes no effort to shake the water from his own hide. It runs in rivulets between his scales, adding a glisten to the matte black that is present only with water. The pale scales of his head and chest sparkle even more in the moonlight, though he pays them no mind.

His attention is on Kylin, who has turned back to him without the playful expression of moments earlier. His own easy grin fades as well, though his head tilts consideringly as she begins to speak. She asks him to stay the night, and he’s reminded of her story of the father of her child. Just one night with him, she’d said.

“Yes.” he says, and though he feels as though he considered the implications for a while, the answer is given just as soon as she asks it.

“But only if you promise not to slip away before the morning.”

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-27-2018, 01:18 PM