• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin
    His words are met with a small, sad smile. She remembers how he had been able to keep his head underwater, longer than she would ever be able to, when they had first met in Hyaline. He had been watching the bottom of the like, a place he could visit, but somewhere where Kylin could never visit. Not with the prospect of ever returning to the surface. “Mine too..” she murmurs, her heart longing to see all the wonders the sea has to offer. She knows she cannot, knows it is not realistic to long, or even hope, to ever see it, but Kylin simply cannot help it. Even now, in the dark and only moonlight lid, it must be amazing.

“Not here..” she replies after a pause, eyeing the beach. “Not the main island.” Here, on the biggest of the isles, the Brotherhood resides. Brennen has allowed her to stay, welcomed her even, but that does not mean she wants any of the Brothers to pry on them tonight. “The smaller one west of here..” Unconsciously her hazel eyes searches his, to see if he agrees. It she one closest to the river, and furthest from Tephra.

She leans into him, shifting her weight to put one of her legs to rest. Lately, her pregnancy has become a burden. Not the child itself, but the figurative ‘attack’ on her body. Kylin does not regret it, how could she? Her motherly heart already loves her unborn child, even though she does not think she is ready. What she regrets, however, is why she wanted it. She had thought a child would make Klaudius stay. Now she knows that hope had been futile. However, Ivar is here. If she only knew the dark thoughts he kept hidden from her…

Again, he makes her chuckle lightly, though times time it sounds more like the girlish giggle he knows well. With a shake of her head she bumps her nose against his, silently tell him to not tease her. “Ischia is hardly mine, if anything, I am hers. She favors others over me.” After all, the island had chosen Krone and now supported Brennen leading his band of bachelors. Like suggested, she makes way to the smaller island, turning back towards the sea they had come from. This time, however, she walks on top of the surface, glancing back at Ivar to see if he is following in her wake. “Come on, then, you poor excuse of a gentleman.”

Though she does not hurry, it does not long before she has crossed the distance between the isles and has solid ground underneath her hooves again. Kylin has always like this isle, it is the very same one as where she had been born years ago, and she and Kharon had spent quite some time to explore everything it has to offer. She does not glance back to see if he follows, her tail swaying gently as she walks. Her destination is there where the small beach meets the foliage, a cosy spot still on the beach, but partially shielded by big green leaves.

@[Ivar]
    We can wrap it up easily from here, and then move to the next thread? Or would you rather continue this one too? ^^

Whooops, forgot to copy a paragraph!

Messages In This Thread
    i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Ivar - 05-20-2018, 04:05 PM
    RE: i'll use you as a warning sign - kylin - by Kylin - 05-28-2018, 03:12 PM