• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any
    Hephaestus
    She has questions. He sensed them boiling just below the surface as she peels herself away from him and angled herself toward the start of their journey. The moist residue of her tears lingered upon the sinew of his shoulder a reminder of how his past had affected her. He is numb to it.

The anticipation of his return to the mountainous kingdom of Hyaline lingers between them and he longs to finally find peace within the shadow of it’s towering peaks. Perhaps there he could finally wrap himself in the silence of his new existence.

Hyper aware of the workings of her magic upon him he keeps his gaze focused on the path ahead as they walk. He did not want to see the reality that she had so carefully conjured for him – that would only intensify the pain when it faded to reveal the horrifying truth. There was no love in the world for a monster like him. Though he was good and kind and gentle, he would always have the horror of his face to set him apart as unfavorable. No woman would carry his children, voices would always deaden when he approached, and pity would always fill the pits of their eyes. It was a reality that even the most powerful of magic could not erase.

He senses that she knows this as well as her eyes trace along the edges of their path. However, much he desired to resent her he found the emotion impossible to form. There was a kindness to her and he suspected that she battled demons of her own. As always, he served to warn her against wasted time.

They were nearly within the borders of Hyaline when her voice broke the silence. Questions. There were always questions.

“I’ve visited before,” he offered warily. “I had the honor of meeting Solace.”
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Kagerus] He's not very talkative.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any - by Hephaestus - 05-21-2018, 09:30 AM