• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any
    Hephaestus
    They are well within the fold of Hyaline when Kagerus’ nose presses itself against his shoulder. The touch of another was still quite foreign to him and he fought his instinctual urge to flinch away from her attempt at comfort, though for who’s benefit he was unsure. She is confident in his memory as her steps begin to falter, her eyes glazed over with deep thought. Her words are dazed and distracted as she speaks, but he welcomes the break from the silence with a strained smile. Normally flat faced, he was beginning to attempt to wear his feelings upon his sleeve. The notion was still odd to him but he knew that, if he wanted to be accepted by the others that dwelled within the sanctuary, they would expect him to be an open book. Though, at the moment, he struggled to even allow others the tiniest of peeks.

Halting suddenly, the smell of another quickly reaches the soft edges of his nose. His eye searches the path ahead and finds the black mare, partially hidden as she gazes upon them. Apologetically she steps before them, her posture and demeanor unsure. Briseis, she names herself and Hephaestus attempts another smile. As the mare offers another “sorry,” she prepares to leave but Kagerus is quick to bade her to stay. Curious, Hephaestus’ eye snaps onto her now, the curve of his brow rising at the sound of her implications. She wanted them to get to know each other. What exactly did she mean and to what extent? Surely she did not expect him to go and divulge those pieces of him that she, herself, had stumbled upon?

His body stiffened.

Kagerus was eager to return to her family, that was easily understood. He had stolen enough of her time and as she departed he found himself carefully ensuring that his mask of hair was securely in place, his old insecurities returning.

Briseis.

They were alone and he was completely clueless as to what should come next. Awkwardly he cleared his throat. "My name is Hephaestus," he offered, his insides flinching at the sound of his own gravely voice. "Have you lived in Hyaline long?"
    Break My Shackles To Set Me Free

@[Kagerus] @[Briseis] My poor awkward butterfly boy...

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Hephaestus/Any - by Hephaestus - 05-24-2018, 06:37 PM