• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Rapt

Solace

. . .

Once again, Solace floats.

Freed of her burden, she drifts on currents of air just to feel the wind on her face. The delicate skin on her pink muzzle is windburnt and tender, but this is nothing when she is weightless among the clouds.

The pale mare dips below the cumulus clouds she had been drifting through, glancing to the unveiled earth below. But the sight of her home does not bring her the glow of pride she had been anticipating. 

The sight of them him causes her hear to sink. 

Jealousy is not a common emotion for her, and it had tasted bitter on her tongue when Kagerus first introduced the idea of this meeting, but jealousy is not what she feels now. The thunderous emotion building in her breast is much closer to dread. 

Like lead, she lands beside the man who loved her lover first- downhill but close enough to be noticed.

She walks towards them without knowing where to rest her gaze and as wary as a child who is to be scolded. A few strides bring her into speaking range, and she halts with an equal (generous) amount of space between herself, Rapt and Kagerus.  If she doubted Kagerus Solace may have nipped along the familiar lines of her neck in greeting, or swung a hip to rest along her own, but her worry does not stem from the fear that she is loosing her beloved. Irrational or not, Solace does not want to make this hesitant man feel uncomfortable.

Or more uncomfortable than he has to be.

"Hey," she says once the father and son's exchange is over, not feeling at all like herself. "I'm Solace," she adds before the silence can grow even more awkward. 

But as her cerulean eye lift to search his, she suddenly wonders if he hates her, and whatever words were going to flow off her tongue next scramble in her brain. She hadn't know the father of Kagerus' child was still in the picture when their affair had unexpectedly taken flight, and she doesn't allow herself to think on how things may of turned out if she had. She does knows that if she was him, if he had stolen Kagerus form her, she would hate him, and she would know it with every beat of her broken heart. 

"I just wanted... I hope you, I mean, I'm glad you made it."

Shit, shit, shit

"Do you mind if I join you?"

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 06:55 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 05-22-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Solace - 05-26-2018, 10:22 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM