• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Out with the golden we sew // Rapt

kagerus
    and in my dreams, i kissed your lips a thousand times
    He follows silently, immune to my charm as I attempt to warm him to this idea - but who can blame him? The fire of hell couldn't change the icy frigidity of this awkward encounter. Still, my heart squeezes to be ignored, and not for the first time, I wish that I was less of an emotional creature.

A tuft of gold and white appears on the horizon, and I want to breathe a sigh of relief except for Abysm's presence, but instead, my chest only tightens further. With a squeal, the growing boy races towards us, intent on reuniting with his father. I ignore the way my stomach flips to see them pressed together like that, so intimately, and instead I consider how perfectly alike the gold of their coats is. How stunning, that he be the perfect combination of us both.

When he finally acknowledges my presence, it is with suspicion and none of the warmth he'd shown his father. I sport only a gentle smile, not allowing the truth of my emotions to show through the mask I wear; for my expression would be virulent and wild had I not contained it. Thankful for once to have Rapt nearby, I look to him as he offers an answer to our son's question. It's not an easy answer, but at least it ought to appease our dreamer son.

"And I'd love for you to meet them too, Abysm," I offer with a genuine warmth, head swinging to find his little body again - though he shan't be little for long. Just as these words are spoken, the glint of her gorgeously blue wings catches my gaze, and it's as if all the tension floods from within me.

That is, until I hear what she has to say.

Almost wanting to laugh at how ludicrous my painted lover sounds spewing the stupidly informal word hey, I manage to maintain my composure and to recognize that right now is not the time to be laughing HOLY SHIT GET IT TOGETHER MAN. Swallowing down the smile that threatened to turn into hysteria at the bat-shit-craziness of this situation, I dip my head with a warmth in my eyes to Solace. It's not our usual public display of affection, the kiss and nuzzle that we almost always exchange in front of anyone and everyone upon greeting each other - but for the first time, this distance feels even more comfortable than each other's embrace.

But god, maybe I should go over there and shut her up -- I mean, wrap her up, in my embrace. Swallowing again as my lips twitch and threaten to betray my careful composure, I take up where she left off, knowing that any silence would result in the continuation of her reckless babbles.

I love you So, but sometimes... Ah, well. You are ten years my younger. I love you, and that's all.

"Of course not," I offer, finally allowing that smile to burst through my mask. Even though it might pain them, there's no way I could ever address my queenly lover without a smile. Taking a step so that we are making sort of a + with our bodies - equal distance between everyone, but everyone connected nevertheless - I look to Abysm and to Rapt.

"This is my mate, Solace, who has recently given birth to twins. Valdis and Clegane have a different father as well - but they're too young to be cavorting about. Abysm, I'm sure you've met them." There'd been days while I was watching the twins when my golden son had graced us with his sometimes jovial, sometimes sour moods; but during the latter, he was more wont to trundle off. Teenagers, especially abandoned-at-birth ones, have an allowance for these kinds of offenses.

Inhaling and exhaling as a feeling of groundedness comes over me, I try out another smile, for all of their benefits. "If any of you have any questions - I don't want to keep any secrets, any more."

@[Solace] @[abysm] @[rapt]
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 05-20-2018, 06:44 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 06:55 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-20-2018, 07:26 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 05-22-2018, 05:51 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 05-26-2018, 03:50 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by Kagerus - 05-28-2018, 04:04 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by rapt - 06-02-2018, 02:22 PM
    RE: Out with the golden we sew // Rapt - by abysm - 06-25-2018, 07:53 AM