• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This Is My Kingdom Come -[Leilan]
    Arthas

Arthas was a busy man, Loess was truly coming together. He needed to visit Hyaline soon to see were there alliance stood, he needed to see Morty to discuss there enemies. But first he had to see another equine, Leilan, the stallion had ran off rather upset last time they met. It was unsettling to Arthas, he was a decent stallion, he was not here to make the stallions year here miserable.

He steps out towards the mountains, perhaps the roan stallion was trying to remain hidden by there shadows. He allows a whinny to escape his maw, it was one that had a summons to it. Leilan His voice was stern, he made his target known.

He was not here to make friends, but at the same time he did like Leilan, that's why he chose him after all. He would explain his it from his view, the residents always saw there tactics from one view, but it was very different when you were a ruler. You had to make decisions, they were not always easy to make, and sometimes the outcome created enemies.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Your beauty is beyond compare -
    oh, if I could hear but one song from you
    I shall hail thee Queen of Birds...
    Leilan has been everywhere but in the hills, although at that point in time, Arthas did not know. Apparently - since he did not catch the gold-marked roan in time, after all.
    He’s been running around Beqanna ever since. Meeting friends and family again, and seeking out whatever girls where available for a chat (perhaps he had a shot with them later, who knew? It wasn’t fall by a long time, but it never hurt to make some lady friends).

Alas, he also knows that the way he left wasn’t on the right foot. It takes some time for him to find the will to actually travel back there, though, to be frank about it. But there are things said and done that would keep Ischia, Nerine and possibly Tephra on an enemy state with Loess, just when he actually came to like the dapple grey. Or maybe he just likes Wolfbane enough, reminding him of Kori. Or dislikes what happened between him and Taria (she kept stepping on his toes so often that he’d actually threatened her). All in all, perhaps it’s best to try and set things right.

And so he finds himself on the borders of the hill kingdom. He calls out loudly and boldy - he’s not a prisoner any more, and he wants to be treated with a little more respect than one. Also he has every rihght to visit them, even if he’s Ischian. Well at least in his opinion, that is. Wasn’t it Arthas’ original intent that he might want to stay? Perhaps that’s what he should do, even, but only, only if Arthas agrees to his terms. If he’s gonna stay as a visitor, he’s gonna want the rights of a normal resident. Which means being able to meander out of the kingdom to visit common lands or allied kingdoms.

That is if Arthas doesn’t immediately kick him out of course.
    there's something here that doesn't make sense
    let's go and poke it with a stick

@[Arthas]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    Arthas

He casually looked for the roan horse, his mind clouded with the disappointment of the bastards escape. He wasn't sure if he was disappointed in Leilan for escaping, or in his own kingdom members for allowing him to escape. None the less, the responsibility ultimately lied with Arthas, and he failed Loess by allowing his escape.

It was not long until he hears the familiar call of the roan. Arthas leisurely strolled towards the roan, eventually in sight and the scent of Ischia grew stronger. Arthas snorted in protest, stopping a few paces away from the opposing stallion. Leilan, what brings you back to Loess? has he come to rub it in that he escaped? Was he here in a diplomatic mission for Ischia? Or perhaps here to announce the official war of the two enemy kingdoms? The options were endless, the last thing that came to Arthas' mind was coming to 'converse' freely.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] sorry its short

Leilan
    So far so good - not an angry response to his presence, at least. "I've missed you so dearly," he brings up. Well, it's not that he doesn't like Arthas anyway - just not his position as a prisoner for everybody to step on, to be frank. He shakes his head. "To be honest I don't feel like sitting on an island all the time. You couldn't ask me to be loyal to you by giving up loyalty to someone, something, else, but perhaps there is a way in the middle, you think?" he looks at the grey horse, trying to estimate how his words would fall. "You know I mostly escaped because of our disagreements and the prisoner rank that I got stuck with all the time, don't you?" Well if he didn't, he did now. "Perhaps if there's something else for me to do besides sitting around and be looked down at, I could make sure you weren't attacked by Ischia or Nerine." Simply being there would be enough, he knew - his mother wouldn't attack a land that treated her son well if he told her not to; Ischia would be the same. There was just the matter of what would happen if there would be outright war anyway. But ah, he could think of that when the time came.

@[Arthas] Short and to the point, heh Tongue
    |
    Arthas
    He was rather shocked to see the stallion back in Loess, he was also curious what business he was here for. I've missed you so dearly he says and Arthas playfully rolled his eyes. Leilan did not waste any time with his jokes, a humor he could appreciate, and dare he say...missed?

It was what Leilan said next that truly shocked Arthas. He was bored of Ischia, he wanted to be apart of Loess, without fully giving up loyalty to Ischia? He briefly touches on why he escaped, and ultimately asks to if there was a position Arthas had for him in Loess. Arthas snorts a laugh Meeting in the middle? You want to be loyal to Ischia and Loess? He tilts his head slightly curious to what exactly Leilans intentions were. I understand why you wanted to escape, I only wish you hadn't. His gaze shifts to find his. Of course there is a position for you in the kingdom Leilan, although what exactly are you interested in doing? what rank did he want?

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan]

Leilan
    Arthas still appreciates his jokes, although he does it -stills- like an older brother who doesn’t really want to give in to his younger one, thinking himself to cool for that. The roan-and-gold stallion has no trouble with that, as long as it means that he is still being accepted for who he is. Sort of.

The shock of his little speech hoever, is clear on the grey man’s face. Leilan gives him a small grin, perhaps he hadn’t thought that the joker couldn’t come up with such a proposal, but he’s had plenty time to think it through. Arthas seems ready to accept his plea to not be robbed of his loyalty to his brothers, for which he is truly, the most glad. Everything else is just bonus. Like picking a rank, it seems. But he has no ambitions to rise to the top, he has seen what it does to his mother and he is quite certain he doesn’t want more responsibilities than to keep the peace between the two lands he now has friends in.

”Don’t go labelling me now, Arthas, you know I won’t fit the bill anyway.” He smiles. ”Just being allowed in and out like any resident should be enough. I really am not made for sitting still.” Especially the ‘and out’ part, to be honest. He wants to visit the common lands, too, he’s not easily tied to one place. Apparently, he has more skills than just warrior ones, but God knows he doesn’t want to be a diplomat either - they stick to the rules, and he’d rather have as little rules as possible to live by. To him, there is one; ‘don’t do any permanent damage’. Wouldn’t life be do so much simpler if lived by that one rule?

@[Arthas] Figure with Bane being the new leader, this should be wrapped up and possibly whatever deal they make here doesn’t even last, lol
    |
    Arthas
    They stand looking at each other, scrambling to find the words in a response. Finally Leilan responds, he just wants to be a member of Loess, he is not seeking a title he just wants to complete the job. Arthas gaze fixates on Leilan and a smile grows on his maw Leilan, I am more than happy to have you be apart of Loess. Of course he saw something in Leilan when they first met a year ago, that is why he stole him. He attempted to gain his loyalty at the time, but it failed on his end. But here he stood, Leilan requesting a spot in Loess.

Arthas dips his head I look forward to your loyalty in Loess, perhaps we will get a chance to know each other better this time around. Arthas quickly laughs, he could make a joke too. Come on, let me show you around properly. He nods his head to the right and his body follows, the last time Leilan was a prisoner and Arthas did not care to show him around in detail. Now was his chance to get to know him a bit more, while showing him all of Loess.

Dangerous Business

@[Leilan] I kept it short to close the thread